Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny registrations

Sorry…don’t have a photo of it, but I remember seeing one years ago in a hanger at my home airfield.
EI-EIO.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

This would be mine if it wasn’t already taken.

Sorry…don’t have a photo of it, but I remember seeing one years ago in a hanger at my home airfield.
EI-EIO.

Owned by O. MacDonald & Co. of course! :-)

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

No picture but I do recall seeing SE-XOP at a Pfa Rally

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

There are a few on the Swedish register that probably should not be allowed:

SE-MEN Beech F90
SE-XXX Lancair IV
SE-KKK Beech Duke

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

I am co-organizing a seaplane event in may 2015 and just had a confirmation that a Dornier Seastar will join in.
But if this is the reg and at the same time the name of the crew they may not even find Mallorca.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I am co-organizing a seaplane event in may 2015

Make VERY sure to give us every possible detail – I am much excited, and anxious to be there, and so will a couple of fellows of mine!
Can you share some info now already? Location, perhaps?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

http://www.fam-ib.org/splash-in/ Look at the 2013 edition for some pics

30 April-1 May at LEPO (Pollensa bay, Mallorca). We’re working to have very interesting planes there plus the Spanish Air Force aerobatic team (if Spain is not bankrupt by then). Then the whole circus moves on to LELC (Murcia) to land at a defunct seaplane base there.

Plenty of savvy engineers on this forum, so come on guys, design and build floats, stick ’m on and join in..

Sorry for the thread drift, but Jan started it.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I’ve never seen it but we have HB-SEX too

But H-BOSS would still be available, should anyone have a Piper to register…

LSZK, Switzerland

I have personally seen G-BOLX (at Shoreham) but read a rumour that the CAA forced the owner to change it. I don’t actually believe that. I can see they allowed G-WILY and G-FANY for example.

The novelty wears off pretty fast in some cases I know about, especially as most of the funny ones are a bugger to pronounce using the aviation alphabet. The best one for being practical uses single-syllable letters

Last Edited by Peter at 18 May 17:11
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message