Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA activity and its decline

Dan wrote:

I only hope that my NAA does not get inspired by those brilliant ideas đŸ«Ł

They are already quite strict about other stuff.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Ha! Thought for one moment you were serious..

Last Edited by PeteD at 19 Apr 11:21
EGNS, Other

The CAA’s recent war on class 2 medicals doesn’t help

Oh, come on
 finally the CAA acts against the plague of dozens of leisure pilots falling out of the sky like dead flies, every day of the year, therefore severely endangering the civilian population grazing in the pastures below đŸ˜¶â€đŸŒ«ïž

I only hope that my NAA does not get inspired by those brilliant ideas đŸ«Ł

Last Edited by Dan at 19 Apr 10:36
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Using qrisk, which they seem to like
no.

EGNS, Other

Is there any evidence at all that BP<160 carries any significant risk relevant to flying? This seems like yet another aspect of the CAA’s determination to make aviation impossible.

LFMD, France

The CAA’s recent war on class 2 medicals doesn’t help
guess we are about to lose a lot of experienced instructors.
If you are over 63 and on any BP medication you’re going to require exercise ECG’s
.expensive!

https://www.caa.co.uk/media/4leldjqa/20231009-hypertension-algorithm-v3-0.pdf
Point 5) second sentence now includes class 2

https://www.qrisk.org/ Gives risk, 63+ is 10%+

EGNS, Other

Graham wrote:

I have heard it said that for reduced hassle when selecting a life partner men should never ‘let the little head do the thinking’.

LOL, true.

But looking at the state of the internet, the spam, the thriving industries targeting the “little head thinkers”, one does not have to wonder

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It may or may not be related, but I have heard it said that for reduced hassle when selecting a life partner men should never ‘let the little head do the thinking’.

EGLM & EGTN

It is not the same when one considers the “normal GA culture” where you take people up for flights quite normally. It’s just what us pilots do. Hang out at your local airport and see what goes on. BTW this is also a rich source of amusement at control towers It is completely normal if I am about to go for a local flight, and someone I know is walking past, I ask them if they fancy a flight. Most people do that. It’s a part of the culture.

The boating culture is quite different. For a start one isn’t usually going for a 1hr sail. Sailing involves far more faffing around. Even going for a sail in a dinghy (the very low end of “sailing”) is a load of faffing around because of different rigs for different winds, and usually the sailing club expects you to help out in weekend activities so there is a lot less individual activity
 And higher up the food chain one definitely spends whole days on the boat even if not going anywhere.

But yes of course one can see her unspoken message, which was “no bloody way will I let you do such a thing”. Which is what I said earlier

an isolated experience and opinion of yours is not therefore a hard fact of life and society that must apply to everyone

Nobody has claimed thus, so, to use the old saying, play the ball and not the man! Or, you are arguing with a point which nobody has made. And as I suggested previously, get yourself a GF, see what you can get away with, and post the data here!

But she’s perfectly happy to fly with me

That is the best of all

It’s our job to have a spine and pick one that will share this big part of our life

That’s true, and many guys fail there miserably, but also many start that way and then things change years down the road.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As a data point my girl said she would allow me to bring girls up on flights without her present if I would be happy to have her go on boat trips with other guys. I tried to explain how it’s not the same, but truth be told it kinda is.

But she’s perfectly happy to fly with me so I don’t care. It’s our job to have a spine and pick one that will share this big part of our life. It’s either me with flying with me or none of it what I offered to my girl.

ELLX, Luxembourg
876 Posts
Sign in to add your message