Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Customs and Immigration as separate services, and flights to/from the UK

Basically they are saying Customs is available providing they have nothing to check

It is a most interesting working arrangement I am sure many people would find it a very acceptable work v. leisure compromise

BTW I believe business travellers are not subject to these limits if it is related to the business, so e.g. a diamond dealer could carry 1M’s worth of diamonds on him, without paying the duty. Would have to declare them though…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Basically they are saying Customs is available providing they have nothing to check

He he, that’s one way to see it – I guess ?? However what they really are saying is that customs (and immigration) is NOT available. Thus anything you bring that normally would require customs will be considered illegal, an act of smuggling, whether it’s people or goods It’s exactly the same if you come by sea or land, but we cannot start building huge walls around each country for this reason ( well, some oddballs think this is an excellent idea as well I guess )

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LFPN:
- FLIGHTS INSIDE SCHENGEN AND EU : Authorized if exempted (funds and goods). See website : www.douane.gouv.fr
- FLIGHTS OUTSIDE SCHENGEN (UNITED KINGDOM, IRLAND, ROMANIA, BULGARIA, CYPRUS, CROATIA) OR OUTSIDE EU : Prohibited.

LFPT:
- FLIGHT WITHIN SCHENGEN AND EU : authorized under conditions of franchises (funds and merchandises), REF :www.douane.gouv.fr
- FLIGHT WITHIN SCHENGEN AND OUTSIDE EU (Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Island, Norway) : TUE – FRI O/R previous day before 1100. SAT – MON : last working day before 1100. FAX : 01 74 25 96 27 E-mail : [email protected]
- FLIGHT OUTSIDE SCHENGEN AND EU (UK, Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia) : prohibited.

I believe that in the past LFPN and LFPT were the same, now they seem to be different. Comparing these two, I don’t know what would be the status of LFPN for e.g. Switzerland (while for LFPT it’s quite clear).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

LFPN also seems clearly prohibited for Switzerland, which definitely falls in the outside EU category (as shown in the LFPT entry) …. “OR OUTSIDE EU : Prohibited”

LSZK, Switzerland

The airport (LFPN) handling office confirmed to me a while ago that flights to/from Switzerland are possible. Best to check directly with them if you plan a flight, the AIP entry may be wrong (as often the case).

Here local copy is that famous list of CUSTOMS aerodromes. But the problem is that it is old, has not been updated and nobody knows how valid it still is. But note, this has no relevance with UK flights, i.e. the „border crossing points“ charade. That is a totally different story. And a different list.

It does list Toussus. And Pontoise. It even lists Lognes. Has anybody tried Lognes coming from or going to Switzerland recently?

This thread is also relevant to the customs subject.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Apr 12:47
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Here is that famous list of CUSTOMS aerodromes.

I’m sure that besides being obsolete this list was inaccurate when it was created. A quick glance to Croatia reveals two missing international airports Losinj LDLO and Brac LDSB. Besides that Vrsar LDPV had this status in 2016 (now it’s PPR for international flights).

Regarding France in general, I believe everything is pretty clear on status because it’s specified in AIP “AD 1.3 INDEX DES AÉRODROMES ET DES HÉLISTATIONS” – all airports are listed with type of operations allowed and national/international status.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

From having a quick look at it, I‘d say I am afraid that list raises even more questions rather than being helpful. One reason is because it doesn‘t speak about customs and inmigration separately, which, as we have seen above, is necessary.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Apr 14:25
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

This is also relevant.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This whole thing is a shambles in France. The differences in the LFPN and LFPT notices do not (I believe) reflect different situations, but different (mis)understandings by the people who wrote them.

EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message