Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ALL Italian airports: non Schengen flights are possible / immigration available

Peter: I was flying a D registered aircraft, there were no non EU nationals on board.

The issue with immigration arose because I was flying direct from Dubrovnik which is non Schengen and, apparently, a preferred route to smuggle money / drugs into the country – this came from the office manager at Lido aerodrome; he said that had I flown in via a Schengen country then only the Ministry of Finance would have turned up – apparently any foreign GA arriving from southern European countries is very suspect in Italy at the moment.

As the issue with my passport and personal details being manually copied and recklessly discarded was created by the immigration officials who, as far as I could tell, were regular police, then arriving from a Schengen country would have obviated the need for their attendance. I don’t care about people sniffing through my luggage, I’ve nothing to smuggle, but I am cautious about my name, address, date of birth and passport details being copied and then carelessly disposed of by two officers in mirrored RayBans, thinking themselves supercool, only to give the Cosa Nostra an opportunity to clone my identity…….

EDL*, Germany

Is this concession still in operation in Italy?

Apparently it still exists for LICP. You need to email the ENAC office for Western Sicily and ask them for permission

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is this concession still in operation in Italy?

Apparently yes, this was from a group of D-reg, OO-reg and F-reg ULM from Tunis to CA06 last week, I was told it was arranged by some Italian contacts few days in advance (ULM are restricted from landing in big airports in Italy anyway)

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Apr 12:44
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
63 Posts
Sign in to add your message