Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

The Commission is likely to propose another postponement probably of 1 year because the BASA itself first needs to be amended before we can adopt the PPL Annex. If it goes through, this postponement would become law in February 2015 , so well before the deadline of April 2015.

Note that any proposal would need to be approved by the EASA Committee.

I don’t have a written reference for the above but checked it is OK to post.

I’m surprised that this doesn’t seem to have appeared anywhere else. Does anyone know the source, and is it for real?

Last Edited by Jonzarno at 06 Sep 06:20
EGSC

A news item is on the PPL/IR web site saying roughly the same thing

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Neil

Thanks for this, I’d missed the PPL/IR article but have now found it!

EGSC

Today’s news suggests concerns about Scotland were unfounded. The vote is a clear NO to independence.

Not surprising to me at all.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In case anyone comes across this thread, the anti N-reg stuff, along with most of EASA FCL, has been postponed to April 2018.

This is absolutely astonishing.

See here

Administrator

Peter, that link doesn’t work, but anyway is this absolutely sure now? I am trying to find written “evidence” of this…..Thanks.

EGHS

I’m not sure it is relevant to the “3rd Country Aircraft” issue, the news item that started it all off was to do with the need to get a Part-FCL licence and was put out by the LAA, who have a great number of members who fly amateur built or vintage aircraft, and who are flying on UK national licences.

Last Edited by Neil at 18 Oct 11:47
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Irrelevant I would say.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Fixed the link… sorry.

I reckon this will all firm up one way or the other within the next few weeks.

Very few people in in the European GA scene understand what is going on, and even fewer of them are on forums, and only 1 (maybe 2) are on EuroGA. The one closest to it posts here but unfortunately very rarely and not in much detail.

Administrator

The requirement to have EASA license to operate aircraft registered in 3rd country has been postponed to April 8th 2016.

http://www.pplir.org/media/kunena/attachments/162/4.1-Am.Com.Reg.1178.2011-Regulation.pdf

Article 1 paragraph 3c.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message