Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

This is only a draft, nothing has been published yet in the official EU Gazette.

It was reportedly voted on Oct 8 or 9. But yes, we will have absolute certainty from an official source only once published, and it goes into effect 20 days after publication.

LFPT, LFPN

I’m confused. Third country licenses ok till 2016 or 2018?

2016. The 2018 thing is a bit of a EuroGA red herring.

EGTK Oxford

The 2018 thing is a bit of a EuroGA red herring.

Hmmm……….. more like a LAA (UK Light Aircraft Association) redherring:

The first para is obviously incorrect, unless you take the context to be LAA-specific (no N-regs) but the second paragraph (referring to the entire GA community) doesn’t support that interpretation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That refers to pilots operating EASA a/c.

2016 concerns pilots operating 3rd country aircraft in EASA land.

LFPT, LFPN

I just saw it there too. Helps clarify Bosco’s point re the need for multiple derogations as well.

EGTK Oxford

I’ve just put a copy here in case it disappears, as these CAA documents sometimes do…

This doc only came out today…

Interesting you can continue to fly G-regs worldwide, on any ICAO PPL, till April 2016, too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

you can continue to fly G-regs worldwide, on any ICAO PPL, till April 2016

but then it says:

Pilots with third country licences who intend to fly UK-registered aircraft for non-commercial purposes prior to 8 April 2016, but outside of the restrictions set out in paragraph 2.2 (ii) above, must obtain a validation issued under the Air Navigation Order 2009 from the CAA before undertaking such flights.

I don’t see any restrictions in 2.2(ii)!

Sign in to add your message