Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

I expected nothing less of you, Tumbleweed so shall we take bets on how long before that CAA document is pulled from their website?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The definitive document is here

It’s really bad practice of them to have a link to a PDF which doesn’t end in .pdf so a local copy is here

I get endless emails via my peter2000.co.uk website from pilots all over the world asking for a reference to this April 2016 date, but there wasn’t one till now… so I send them to EuroGA

Page 3

However, the phrase “member states may decide” still means it is up to each country to apply for the derogation. And many won’t – because they are never going to read this stuff. In most EU national CAAs, nobody reads the EASA FCL regs

Administrator

That’s good news.

The UK has had a CAA document for months stating that they will apply the derogation when the derogation becomes available. Does anybody know anything about other countries?

I’m wondering whether there still is anybody left besides me who hasn’t taken the EASA FCL plunge yet.

EDAZ

I’m wondering whether there still is anybody left besides me who hasn’t taken the EASA FCL plunge yet.

Yes, loads of people have no idea, and loads more are waiting for some magical last-minute solution (but we know from the draft treaty – can’t find the link this moment) this won’t come.

All that may happen is yet another deregation to say April 2018 but (naturally ) everybody in the apparatus says this will not happen.

Administrator

The commitment of EASA was that a basa wouldbe in place. Basically this means that they should postpine until the basa isin place and there is a realistic timeframe in which you can adapt on the basa ruleset. Sofar EASA seems to be following exactly this.

The basa seems to be that converting ir from faa will now mean a profcheck rather then a checkride.

Waiting seems the most logicl thing to do.

Last Edited by Commander at 20 Mar 06:43

Yes, loads of people have no idea, and loads more are waiting for some magical last-minute solution (but we know from the draft treaty – can’t find the link this moment) this won’t come.

I am just waiting for the BASA as I think it will provide a somewhat easier solution.

EGTK Oxford

What specifically are people waiting for?

Administrator

I have “signed up” for the skill test.

LFPT, LFPN

The FAA-EASA draft treaty is discussed here

Administrator

The BASA can’t make it worse so if it means it is a proficiency check rather than an initial checkride or something similar I might as well wait. I am only doing it because they are making me, doing it early removes optionality.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message