Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

I did a search for IPC, posted by Peter, and it turned up this

Like many CAA documents, SRG1125FF.pdf has vanished…

SRG1125.pdf can be found here but it doesn’t mention this requirement. It just says “valid ICAO IR”. It also doesn’t relate to the CB IR anyway…

So I don’t have anything more on this… maybe it has gone away? Or maybe it never existed and my memory was rubbish? That was 4 years ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I found this which says, “If your ICAO licence does not show the validity dates of the ratings, please submit certified copies of logbook pages showing the rating validity and test dates.”

Guess I should send them a mail to find out what that means in practice. Thanks for alerting me to this potential pitfall. (Though, in the end, an IPC is not the end of the world.)

[ local copy added – CAA pages change every 5 minutes… ]

EDAZ

Peter wrote:

At the same time, the UK CAA refuses to accept the FAA IR rolling currency for the FAA IR to CB IR conversion.

Is this driven by ATO’s that offer CPL/IR training?

A very cost effective way to get an EASA IR these days is to get an FAA IR then spend 15 hours with a freelance IRI/IRE/IRR in a Frasca 142 which is no longer approved then just apply to the CAA for test.

Bathman wrote:

then just apply to the CAA for test.

You need 50 hrs PIC under IFR to go that route.

LFPT, LFPN

The following bit has appeared elsewhere, suggesting that IAOPA is on the case:

Administrator

In any case, surely a civil servant can’t just arbitrarily decide whether or not to honour a treaty? If the CAA prosecuted a 3rd class medical holder, surely the prosecution would fail hard in court leaving the CAA paying the court costs.

Andreas IOM

I sent off my self declaration some weeks ago and have not received any response or reply from the CAA. is this other’s experience?

EGHO

johnzh wrote:

I sent off my self declaration some weeks ago and have not received any response or reply from the CAA. is this other’s experience?

Yes.

EGTK Oxford

This DFT/CAA move is illegal on so many counts and with the US AIP saying their Class 3 is equivalent to ICAO Class 2, with a bit of luck somebody in there will see sense.

In the meantime most pilots I know are ignoring this issue, with incredulity.

surely a civil servant can’t just arbitrarily decide whether or not to honour a treaty?

This is a part of it – the CAA is acting outside its delegated powers. The guy in the CAA whose arm was twisted by the DFT to implement this is totally out of his depth.

If the CAA prosecuted a 3rd class medical holder, surely the prosecution would fail hard in court leaving the CAA paying the court costs.

IMHO, exactly yes.

Administrator

So it looks like there’s an updated excel spreadsheet (dated yesterday on the 7th June 2017) of the EASA derogations.

see here
https://www.easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/Version%2032_Derogation%20TABLE_07.06.17.xlsx

There are currently only 8 of the 28 EU countries opting out.

The UK is therefore making permanent their very special and own cack-handed approach to third-country licences for non-commercial operations.

As a UK citizen I’m completely free to fly my G-reg plane in France or Germany on my FAA licence whereas here at home it is illegal, or maybe I’ll just fly the length and breadth of Luxembourg…

Sign in to add your message