Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

Could well be, I haven’t compared them.

France

Is that this ?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t know how many have taken it up.in France but this:- guide_programme_formation_adapte_titulaires_licence_qualification_oaci_pdf
Is the guide published by the dgac.
Sorry it is only available in French and it may not be the same requirements as in other countries.
“je détiens” = I hold
:je souhaite" = I wish.
On the face of it, it looks a little over complex.

France

Amazing that almost nobody has posted on this from the mainland. Perhaps they all either gave up, or converted. And many will be unaware; I know that from the UK too.

An EASA character called Jyrki Paajanen posted 4 months ago on some obscure EASA forum that the deadline will not be moved, giving this URL.

However, with the decimation of the experienced GA community over the past year or two, I am ready to believe anything. So many have given up, worn out by CV19, worn out by airport accessibility, worn out by EASA derogations (and by the quite deliberate EASA FUD / deliberate lack of clarification on whether a derogation is based-country based or overflight-based) and the N-reg scene has always been the most experienced pilots with IRs. So you can have a situation where people say “my country is as busy as ever, and the schools are overflowing” when actually the relevant traffic is way down. EASA has finally won… by a mass destruction process.

Administrator

In France, the deadline is not getting pushed as BASA did come out this year, although not even sure how many have used it: according to one FAA/EASA instructor all FAA pilots that he knows and who fly regularly have converted to CBIR already (even way before the BASA did come into effect using 50h ICAO route), those who were not flying last 3 years have/will sold their machines, if you open planecheck you will see few F-based N-reg listed, I know some of the pilots: covid break, lack of flying, dual papers and fuel price…

The bottle neck for many FAA holders was IFR ELP, although now many people can fly IFR without it in France and elsewhere on FAA English endorsement (as fas as I know, no one went for BIR to get around this but the law paved the way for FN-IR/CBIR to be issued without having IFR ELP)

My impression doing FAA → CBIR is not an issue down here in owner aircraft, 5h-10h of flying with plenty of IAP airfields, ADF/DME are not required in France (away from Paris of course)

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Jun 12:03
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Any news from the mainland on the June 2022 deadline implementation?

Administrator

The IAA has at long last agreed that the BASA TIP-L procedure trumps their general requirement for IR conversion applicants to have passed all the EASA IR written exams. So for a qualified applicant holding FAA IR, the requirements to add IR to PPL(A) are oral exam and skills test.

@bluebeard sorry I didn’t respond earlier. I had been chasing this via an obscure EASA forum and they told me to email another department, which I did.

Nothing will change the final June 2022 deadline in Europe.

@boscomantico any news on this?

Administrator

Yes; I posted a summary here.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Also as you see the UK ended the derogation in Dec 2021, while some of the EU countries are continuing theirs. However they claim all the EU derogations will end June 2022; it remains to be seen whether this will produce a stampede to mainland FTOs for the IRs, or produce a decimation of the mainland pilot community. The UK has the IMCR which as the above link shows is good enough for most UK pilots.

Brexit is of course a big advantage for UK residents when it comes to this EU law derogation thing since UK residents now only need an FAA certificate in order to fly their N-reg anywhere in EASA-land.

LSZK, Switzerland

ICAO does allow every member country to have absolute sovereignity within its airspace – otherwise nobody would have signed the treaty

Administrator
882 Posts
Sign in to add your message