Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

I received likewise so I queried Gabriela as to what’s going on but no response – or you wait 21 days for a response.
There are apparently 400 or so FAA licence holders in the UK.

I’ll complain to John O today (for me) and see what he says.

United Kingdom

It will be interesting if this is yet again just one end not knowing that the other end is doing.

There is a possibility with today’s loosening of dual training that the CAA has decided that the virus no longer exists! Of course, it by definition does not exist if you are young and the FI is also young The rest would be mad to risk it, IMHO. And I don’t have any working schools nearby where somebody would be willing to sit down with me and certify the papers face to face.

So let’s hope this is just a cockup.

400 FAA licensed pilots in the UK. Interesting. Is that from the CAA? They can’t know about all of them, for a variety of reasons (e.g. not meeting the “based operator” Brussels condition). I know someone tried to contact them all some years ago, working from the FAA public database, but failed to get any useful response. My guess is that, in the UK, most will be IR holders. The UK never had much of a culture of N-regs used for VFR – the applicability sphere is narrow, useful only in quite unusual medical scenarios (not common stuff like cardiology or oncology where the FAA is much tougher than EASA) and the NPPL pretty well disposed of that. I am told Germany has many such pilots, mostly on 61.75 papers.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

When I spoke to John Overall some weeks ago now, he implied 400 or so have to do the two form process.

United Kingdom

CAA FCL helpline 03300 221972 could not explain why my application is stuck.
FAA licence check is complete. They will get back to me within 4-5 days.

United Kingdom

IMHO your due diligence is completed when you send in the forms, and have proof of delivery.

Administrator

Maybe, but they are supposed to check your FAA licence is not revoked, examiner qualifies your knowledge of Air Law etc.

I’m not sure I need any of this paperwork anyway since I fly N-reg using FAA licence privileges.

United Kingdom

Now the CAA goofballs claim they don’t have a SRG2142 from me despite taking the £47 payment.
Prob time to file a complaint. I did advise Mr Head of Policy.

United Kingdom

Write to Richard Moriarty.

Administrator

So after some back-and-forth they found my SR2142 (I think we send them to customerservices@ and then it may disappear into a wormhole). They are very helpful on the phone (FCL helpline 03300 221972) because they do investigate and report back.

But, sigh, they then said no email confirmation received from the examiner. So that got sent again and now all is ok.
I got my validation email today!

United Kingdom

It seems clear that many people never hear from the CAA after sending in these forms, so your only “defence” is a) the proof of delivery for the original docs (which is why I posted them as well as emailed) and b) the phone call from the CAA saying the cheque you sent in can’t be cashed because it is too dangerous (CV19 precautions) so they need your credit card details

Administrator
Sign in to add your message