Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

The 20 June 2020 date raises an eyebrow. For the past 4 years the extension has been for 12 months i.e. April to April. Suddenly it’s 14.5 months. Wonder what might be read into that.

LSZK, Switzerland

Maybe they wanted some breathing space after 29th March 2019

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is it just possible that they want some breathing space to finalise that elusive BASA which two years ago they said was “imminent”.

This post is applicable, as a current summary of the situation.

Administrator

What are the views on the imminent current expiry date (in April 2019) of the SRG2140 / SRG2142 process?

Administrator

The expected dynamite from the UK CAA, at the 11th hour as usual

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/1301.pdf

local copy

This time we get two years, which is better than last time.

SRG2140_Issue02_Enabled_pdf

This bit of SRG2140 seems new:

So you need to visit a UK flying school and get an FE to fill that in. I would have thought that the possession of a UK PPL would be sufficient, but it doesn’t say that.

Looking at this

they want SRG2142 also, and the £45.

SRG2142Issue02Enabled_pdf

So basically identical to 1 year ago.

Administrator

Which length of validity is effective?
3b. Any such declaration is only valid for 24 months
OR
5. This Exemption is valid from 8 April 2019 until 8 April 2020 …

Last year I got the Exemption without completing SRG2142, or paying £45, because that form then was only required for non-FAA ICAO licenses.
Are both forms, + fee, now required for FAA license holders?

I think it means from 8 April 2019 until 8 April 2021. Otherwise it is absurd.

The CAA has done other stuff for a similar period of two years – for example acceptance of EASA licenses for G-reg aircraft (which obviously Brussels is not reciprocating on )

So you have 10 days to get the two forms sorted, and to hassle some flying school CFI to certify the documents, and put a tenner in his tea bag jamjar for wasting his time.

Last year, if you got to the party early, you had to do only SRG2140.

I have just read through both forms. I agree SRG2142 is clearly for non-FAA ICAO cases. But that’s not what SRG2140 says; it says SRG2142 is required. The whole thing is a cockup; the guidance notes for 2140 are a mixup of the two, referring to the NAA in one place and the FAA in another.

HOWEVER – just noticed the “previous declarations cease to be valid after 24 months” in ORS4 1301 above. That means the SRG2140+2142 which we did 1 year ago are valid for 1 more year. So no need to act now, if you did those.

Somebody please correct me if I got it wrong.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message