Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

Malibuflyer wrote:

Altogether: No! Derogation means that you are allowed to fly an n-reg plane with „FAA-license only“ in the airspace of that country. Doesn‘t matter in which country you reside.

As indicated, there isn’t universal agreement on this. I stand by what I said. We agree to disagree.

LSZK, Switzerland

Great news

A new UK derogation ORS4 1365 local copy

This means there is no mad rush to do the declarations, despite this 11th hour announcement. Hopefully by 20th June 2021 you will be able to find a “CFI” who can sign the paperwork without getting infected

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Germany just opt’ed out again until June 20th, 2021: https://aopa.de/2020/04/08/fliegen-mit-faa-drittstaatenlizenz-bis-juni-2021-moeglich/

Germany

ORS4 1380 local copy replaces above ORS4 1365.

The only significant change I see is that 1365 asks for SRG2140 only while 1380 asks for SRG2140 and SRG2142 (which was the case in previous years). The latter requires a £45 payment

There an ambiguity whether existing SRG2140 / SRG2142 declarations are ok. The previous version said they are OK until 2021. It would be crazy to have to find a “CFI” to process the forms by 23rd April 2020 (today!), with the risk of virus exposure. Most schools are shut anyway.

Administrator

What have other European countries done in terms of a derogation?

Administrator

The Republic of Ireland makes use of the derogation. See IAA Aeronautical Notice P28 issue 02 dated 07 Apr 2020 (link). local copy

A derogation table made up to July 2019 is available from EASA (link). local copy PDF

London, United Kingdom

Well I queried this with [email protected] and they responded that previous derogation expired prior to 8 Apr 2020.
Implies unable to exercise private privileges under a FAA certificate until the new paperwork completed?
Not very helpful.

But at least they will accept email certification of docs by examiners:
“In circumstances where certified copies of documents such as logbooks or a current licence are required we can currently accept copies of documents for applications from the ATO/DTO/Examiner by email with the email acting as the certification. You do not need to submit certified copies, but the documents must come from the school or examiner and not from yourself.”

United Kingdom

Interesting – thanks for the update.

And totally ridiculous, since they published that on the effective date of 23rd April, so everybody is immediately illegal

How is the SRG2142 payment supposed to be processed? I guess SRG2140 goes via the examiner to the CAA, while SRG2142 goes with the £45 from you to the CAA.

100% pure waste of everybody’s time since they can look your papers up on faa.gov.

Administrator

Declarations should only need renewing each 24 months.

There was no previous derogation. UK General Exemption E 4863, published as ORS4 No. 1301 on 29 Mar 2019 and expiring on [edit: 1 Apr 2020], was (unnecessarily) issued as an article 71 (Basic Regulation) exemption! A copy of the expired exemption is accessible on the UK Government Web Archive maintained by the National Archives at Kew (link, pdf link). That exemption included this text:

3) Conditions of this Exemption:
a. Individuals subject to this exemption, must make a Declaration using form SRG2140.
b. Any such Declaration is only valid for 24 months, unless revoked.
c. Previous Declarations cease to be valid after 24 months.

Last Edited by Qalupalik at 27 Apr 17:02
London, United Kingdom

So should I complain to John Overall (policy guy who wrote the ORS4 1380) that the 29Mar19 exemption specified that a SRG2140 declaration is valid for 24 months?

Is it worth trying to reach him directly avoiding pilotvalidation?

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message