Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

Only if it’s to request pilotvalidation guidance be reconciled with the antecedent exemption, ORS4 No. 1301. Declarations, ad pedem litterae, have a 24 month shelf-life. If it should wish otherwise the authority must give an appropriate direction.

… [ORS4 No.] 1365 asks for SRG2140 only while 1380 asks for SRG2140 and SRG2142 …

Guidance note 1 to SRG2140 states:

Please note that applicants wishing to submit this declaration are first required to have their ICAO licence verified. This verification
remains valid for six months and should be applied for well in advance of the period for which the declaration is required. This
service can be applied for by completing and submitting an SRG2142. Please see IN-2017/021 for further information.

London, United Kingdom

Sounds like a letter to the chief executive, Richard Moriarty, is in order. His record on this sort of thing is pretty good.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is very useful. I have just asked for an extension based on my earlier declaration.

EGTK Oxford

…and why wasn’t the 8 April 2020 expiry of the previous declarations automatically “renewed” (“extended”?) until 31Oct20 in line with other policy decisions on licence renewals?

United Kingdom

What would be a suitable wording for an extension request? If a lot of us send these in, they should take notice.

and why wasn’t the 8 April 2020 expiry of the previous declarations automatically “renewed” (“extended”?) until 31Oct20 in line with other policy decisions on licence renewals?

Presumably because it’s different departments. I am tempted to post more detail but they are all reading this

Administrator

So I got a call from John Overall (CAA licensing policy lead) and a follow-up email copied below.
Apparently EASA were not comfortable with ORS4 1365 (which under 2c implied previous declarations were valid to 20 Jun 2021) hence the more recent ORS4 1380. EASA would prefer a more thorough FAA pilot validation with two written exams, flight test etc.
What we’ve have got now is an easier way to work with examiner sign-offs and no physical logbooks required. The email is written to someone (me) who has previously been through the process. Not sure what new FAA applicants should provide. I assume scans of relevant pages will suffice?

United Kingdom

That’s an amazing response you got, plangley! I wonder if the CAA would have ever clarified this, had you not found out…

EASA would prefer a more thorough FAA pilot validation with two written exams, flight test etc.

EASA is being grotesquely disingenuous given that they are 100% happy with 1 or 2 of their member countries (mid 2019 table of derogations)

to derogate without even looking at 3rd country paperwork of all the pilots based in these countries, while for the UK they are saying that the pilots based there don’t know the theory and can’t fly the plane!

It’s good that the CAA has resisted this outrageous attempted screwing maneuver by Brussels. It’s also a confirmation of this as the political reality.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

It’s good that the CAA has resisted this outrageous attempted screwing maneuver by Brussels.

Except that EASA encouraged member states to apply these measures pending the conclusion of the US–EASA BASA–IPL.

London, United Kingdom

plangley wrote:

which under 2c implied previous declarations were valid to 20 Jun 2021

Why do EASA even care about any period beyond the end of 2020? We’re in a transitional period now, but beyond that we’re not in the EU nor EASA, so I’m puzzled why they care about anything beyond the end of 2020.

Andreas IOM

The transition period ends when the fat lady sings

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message