Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Fly-In Survey

David and I have decided to run a poll on which airports people would be willing to fly to.

Watch this space...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Please do it in a way that people can tick several options. What about using doodle?

I expect to be in Bremerhaven Germany from February 08 to 18. I'll have free days during that period, and usually weekends. If it is practical for me to travel to a get together during that time, I'm in...

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Yes you'll be able to choose multiple options, ranking them in your order of preference. For now we're just soliciting possibilities. To enter any suggestions, please go here:

Fly-In Destinations

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

And you can see the votes so far here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

4 X Colmar, the vote ist done ;-)

EDAZ

?? whence the figure 4 ??

I have read "Once we've got a few we'll run a poll to find out which is the most popular destination." so no poll as yet, or what have I missed?

Colmar would be "red" if I got a chance to vote - officially it does not welcome my type of craft.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

That was a joke, we have four times Colmar at the right side, but when not allowed for your type of aircraft we must skip this airports.

EDAZ

Ah, ok, I really feared I had missed some subtlety of the webmaster's... But it seems I am the only microlighter interested, so I think my vote should not count heavily. The more so that we had rumour there was a precedent of microlights being allowed in Colmar. Will have to wait and see, I suppose.

On second thoughts, dear webteam could do worse things than to apply a "sort -u" to that right-hand column...

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

If you hope for a decent turnout from a number of different aviation 'camps' (ie Touring, IFR, VFR, Permit to fly and aerobatic) it would make sense to pick a destination that is within 2hrs of southern England, that has customs, a decent restaurant and an instrument approach. For instance, Cherbourg, Deauville, Lilles or Le Mans would probably tick a lot of those boxes?

I would suggest that continental airfields, without customs, are probably going to result in a small turnout, rather in the same way that a field in the North of England will.

44 Posts
Sign in to add your message