Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR PLOG template

Hello all,

I know I am being bone idle but has anyone got a template for a blank IFR Plog sheet I could print in A4 or A5 for my knee board? Thanks.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

There are lots of them on the Internet, both for VFR and IFR. Which you choose is a matter of taste. Many are Excel spreadsheets that compute your estimated ground speed based on forecast wind, summarize the distances and ETAs, fuel burn…

LFPT, LFPN

I’m away at the moment and I may have a copy of one I use in my Dropbox, I’ll attach it if I can. I don’t use it anymore as I use a SkyDemon generated one, but otherwise I seem to recalll Transair were selling A4 PLOGS once and they were pretty good.

This is one I used to use. Not sure if its what you’re after…

Link

I’m struggling to find a good IFR plog template that suits my needs. What do you guys use?

Essentially I just want something in A5 format for the kneeboard, with a header of basic flight info: callsign, origin-destination, registration, aircraft
Then a section of flight times: FOBoff/FOBon, TISoff/TISon, Boff/Bon, TOFF/LAND.
And below a table where you can write down events, with columns: time of event, elapsed time, position/altitude/fuel, event description/ATC clearance etc.

Because I don’t actually need a navigation log, SkyDemon takes care of that. But I would like to write down clearances, ATISs and other important “events”.

I think I’ll create my own.

EDDW, Germany

Foreflight creates a navlog automatically which can be printed.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Foreflight creates a navlog automatically which can be printed.

Do you prefer Foreflight to SkyDemon in Europe?

I few years ago Foreflight wasn’t really “useable” here in Europe. Is it now?

EDDW, Germany

Alpha_Floor wrote:

Essentially I just want something in A5 format for the kneeboard, with a header of basic flight info: callsign, origin-destination, registration, aircraft

I use very simple form that can be printed to A4 paper two-sided – so you get one piece of paper for four flights
FlightLog_pdf

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

I use very simple form that can be printed to A4 paper two-sided – so you get one piece of paper for four flights
FlightLog_pdf

I like it!
Would you be able to share the .doc to modify it slightly?

EDDW, Germany

Alpha_Floor wrote:

Do you prefer Foreflight to SkyDemon in Europe?

I few years ago Foreflight wasn’t really “useable” here in Europe. Is it now?

It depends on who you ask. I am happy with Foreflight for VFR/IFR. I don’t use any paper anymore and plot clearances in the CRAFT format on the foreflight scratchpad. Flight times are stored automatically as well.

always learning
LO__, Austria
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message