Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nose gear failure at Dundee today

I was wondering if anybody knows if the guy with the gear failure at Dundee today was OK? I was transitioning past when I heard a guy on the radio with gear trouble then he seemed to have the situation fixed and commenced landing upon touchdown the nose collapsed and he ended tail up.

Farm strip in Angus Scotland

All is well with the pilot as per

Gear failures are rarely a problem for pilot or passengers. Not great for the aircraft of course.

EGTK Oxford

Is that fixed gear in the Courier photo?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Is that fixed gear in the Courier photo?>

Retractable, don't see to many 182 with retractable but this is one looks like a real nice plane

The 182 RG is an excellent plane, and I have never heard of nose gear problems with them. By the time Cessna produced the 182 RG, they had worked out the bugs of the gear system. The early 210's, and 177 Cardinal RG's, whose systems would appear to be the same, were mechanically quite different, and there had been problems.

It's nice that the article pointed out the pilot's lucky escape. I wonder how long it took rescue crews to pry him from the mangled wreckage.....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I like the reg. G-WIFE

United Kingdom

I wonder how long it took rescue crews to pry him from the mangled wreckage.....>

They must have got him out and assessed he was fine pretty quick, as soon as he "touched down" within seconds the field fire teams were there then about 30 seconds later i heard the tower confirming the city fire/rescue were to be stood down, I assume because the on field guys had it under control.

Gotta hand it to the ATC at Dundee they were fast, efficient and professionally in dealing the incident while juggling other traffic in the zone.

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message