Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Photos of your planes

Hi aart no found it in Wiltshire semi abandoned – it only needed work on the brakes, points and starter. Have had nearly 20,000 trouble free miles from the car, admittedly the cruise sweetspot is around 48 mph! Like the Forth Bridge will need some cosmetic rust prevention work in the next couple of years. In heavy snow the design seems to outperform the Chelsea school run tractors, especially on steep north London hills. Drum brakes means drive carefully, very carefully in icy conditions.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Er läuft und läuft und läuft….. (Volkswagen advertisement). Some who owned one rephrased in “Er säuft und säuft und säuft….” due to ist high fuel consumption
Indeed the design (engine in the back and rear wheel drive) was a big advantage on snow, especially when it was equipped with optional “spiketyres”. Someone said, the beetle interior-heating is still used in new Cessnas

EDLE

europaxs the heating is quite ingenious and barely effective in the cruise, in traffic the heat channels from the engine are virtually undetectable – mine has no fan. Fuel consumption is around 25 mpg (imperial, so 20mpg US) in the city and 40 mpg on the road. There is no road tax and classic car insurance is very cheap at £150 fully comprehensive for London – I suspect the E Type and Ferrari owners are subsidising the VW and Morris Minor owners in the classic insurance market.

Both the Super Cub and the Beetle might be prone to ground looping on ice!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Somebody made a digital version of our Mooney…

EHTE, Netherlands

My PA32-300 (I’ve owned since 1986)

Lefty
EGLM

Not a plane strictly speaking but mine.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Xtophe wrote:

Not a plane strictly speaking but mine.

I don’t like the word “plane” anyway, that’s a woodworking tool isn’t it? However I do like your Sailplane

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Xtophe wrote:

Not a plane strictly speaking

A sailplane is a plane. All motorized planes are (potential) sailplanes.

ESMK, Sweden

The worst aircraft I have ever flown was a self launching motorglider, I find it hard to express my dislike for the machine as a powered aircraft, however it was delightful to fly once the motor was stowed…………….. I guess it’s the price you must pay for not having to launch with a tug and not ending up in a field far from home once in a while.

I bought this in 2003. No longer mine although I still fly it. It has the first certified Garmin G600 installation in Europe, plus Avidyne TAS620 and dual GNS-W.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.
Sign in to add your message