Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Photos of your planes

How low do you have to fly to get your picture taken?

I was at around 250 ft but the photographers are all above you so you could fly higher. You can see some of the photographers on the ridge in the second picture.

Photo: Andy Cowley @SayWhatISeeUK

Photo: Richard Wilkinson @Wilki31

Last Edited by chrisparker at 16 May 10:31
Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

What is your opinion?

We can have a great photos of the planes we fly and feel good I guess.
Defiantly we need a good photographic equipment zoom wise and a way to communicate each other.

That sort of thing needs some organisation, so you get reasonably close (“magazine-cover close” i.e. 5-10m is not necessary) but you don’t crash into each other especially while trying to find each other.

Some previous threads here and here.

The people who do it professionally have defined procedures. You also need open airspace, and go high up so you don’t get tons of traffic.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am an amateur photographer (90% aviation) with a range of lenses and equipment that would suit this. I’ve never done any air to air photography before but would love to give it a go.

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

My two babies recently went flying together. We only had phones..

Last Edited by loco at 29 May 18:46
LPFR, Poland

Into the sunset

Last Edited by Vref at 29 May 20:50
EBST

LFPT, LFPN

Your TBM lives on grass? It is very good grass however, I’ve never seen any so flat.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No, we generally don’t fly to grass fields with the TBM. Only 2 landings in first two years. Prop clearance is ~20-25cm and with small wheels it’s too risky. This was an exception. Airfield is Zielona Gora Przylep EPZP.

Last Edited by loco at 30 May 07:38
LPFR, Poland

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
Sign in to add your message