Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA.org t-shirts - available now

This has been suggested a number of times but I never got around to it.

Firstly one has to decide whether to do a t-shirt or a polo shirt. Any preferences?

Then the sizes. Small, medium, large, XL, XXL?

My inclination is to avoid doing something really cheap, because nobody is going to wear it. What sort of price would be acceptable? A quick look suggests that even the most expensive ones are under £10 – example so the cheap ones are not really worth doing.

Then the colour… the logo, as done on the really high quality stickers which a very kind pilot got made for us last year (and I still have a few left) is currently this

So the t-shirt colour would need to suit that. Any views on that?

The logo would be quite small, say 15cm long i.e. not all over the front of it.

Finally there is the choice of printed or embroidered. Printing comes off, and usually has a min order quantity of about 20, which makes it impractical. Embroidering is good for thin shapes which this logo clearly is.

I would get this organised on a nonprofit basis

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

polo shirt, white is the most common but the most practical unless you fly roofed aircraft. Black is the other option. Definitely agree on your quality statement. size will be the biggest issue, definition is different. L or XL is the most common in my eyes.

LKKU, LKTB

I see no reason to do anything of the kind. Just like this forum sets itself apart from the rest by just being obviously different, so should its members. We must have no need to stand out explicitly.

If ever I bear any logo or sign, it must indicate some club or organisation or political idea that I absolutely do NOT adhere to, and/or a very obscure one. That much has remained of the ’68 anarchist spirit.

All that being said, and not taken over serious, I hope and trust: when I buy shirts L is the norm; unless I want to wear a tie on it, XL will then be required. Tea and polo shirts usually are L.

Last Edited by at 15 Mar 18:42
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Like Jan, I don’t normally wear stuff with logos but would buy an EuroGA shirt.

Probably prefer a T-shirt, and don’t normally wear white as it shows the oil. But I’d worry that blue text on black might not show up very well.

I think light blue would be OK with a dark blue logo. Or black would be OK with a slightly lighter blue logo.

Also many people prefer a dark colour, for various reasons one of which is that it doesn’t get dirty immediately.

I would definitely keep the logo subtle, otherwise you end up with a silly result.

Administrator

To make myself more clear: I too would buy one, though I would prefer a polo. The main reason would be to show some respect for David and Peter and their good work. I’d never wear it any flying venue or airfield, however, but rather at a drink with work mates or at the marriage of a distant cousin.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

As I purchase anything related to aviation, I would certainly purchase a polo-shirt or a T-shirt, but preferably a polo shirt, although I don’t practice polo.

I’d buy one Peter, mainly to wear on the other side of the world for the fun of doing so. I’d recommend a very good quality shirt, I can’t tell you how many I have bought on travels in Europe that have subsequently been worn once or twice and then shrunk two sizes in the wash and been thrown away. Either a polo or a T-shirt would be fine, L or XL would probably be right.

As I write this I’m wearing a black ‘MZ Lebt’ T-shirt bought in Zschopau which seems to be doing OK after several wash cycles. MZ the motorcycle manufacturer doesn’t actually live any more but the T-shirt does

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Mar 21:00

political idea that I absolutely do NOT adhere to, and/or a very obscure one. That much has remained of the ’68 anarchist spirit.

Well, Jan, I am sure one can do a Che Guevara t-shirt specially for you – would that be sufficiently rebellious?

(my father went berserk when I, aged 12, asked him who CG was, so that ought to qualify)

One thing of interest might be stone washed t-shirts. They are really comfy. Branded, the prices are of course silly (£30, easily) but unbranded they are way cheaper. I have sent off some enquiries…

Administrator

I’d go for a dark(ish) color, say a dark blue with the logo embroidered in light blue. Polo, L or more likely XL, depending on the cut.

104 Posts
Sign in to add your message