Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your help needed with promoting EuroGA

In Sweden, I would add:
Söderslätts flygklubb (www.estt.se)
Kristianstads flygklubb (www.krfk.se)
Ljungbyheds flygklubb (www.ljungbyhedsflygklubb.se)
Halmstad flygklubb (www.halmstadflygklubb.se)
Eslövs flygklubb (www.eslovsflygklubb.se)
Blekinge flygklubb (www.blekingefk.org)

I pm you a swedish translation.

ESMK, Sweden

I have the Swedish translation already; thank you.

I will add the above.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am mailing about 30 to Swedish aeroclubs, at some cost

I will now leave it and see what response we get. We have no way of measuring it except by seeing who joins up. This is a poor indicator since even if you don’t want to post anything you can read the forum without joining up, but many people realise (or know) that you get a better view of the forum if you join up and remain logged-in. In the past I always saw a very obvious result (new join-ups) from e.g. leaving a pile of leaflets in the literature stand at Aero Fridrichshafen (normally I would organise this with the organisers).

The concern with aeroclubs is that they are mostly schools (they have to make money somehow) and schools don’t like to expose their students to “external knowledge” because it usurps the authority of their instructors. This is 100% the case here in the UK where schools will not support any promotion of some event e.g. a seminar on VFR flying in Europe which I did in 2012. Also I saw that some clubs have a forum so you might get the “battle of the forums”

Whereas airports just want to see more traffic… well, the GA-friendly ones do.

So I will wait before I do Germany and Switzerland. France might need doing again…

Administrator

Peter wrote:

The concern with aeroclubs is that they are mostly schools (they have to make money somehow) and schools don’t like to expose their students to “external knowledge” because it usurps the authority of their instructors. This is 100% the case here in the UK where schools will not support any promotion of some event e.g. a seminar on VFR flying in Europe which I did in 2012. Also I saw that some clubs have a forum so you might get the “battle of the forums”

The club scene in Sweden is completely different, so don’t worry. And “mostly schools”, well… Last year, the flight time produced at my club was very close to 50-50 between school flights and other flights.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Why not write on the Facebook pages of the different flying clubs and promote EuroGA that way?

ESTL

That’s a very interesting idea but would that not annoy them massively?

I thought that companies etc monitor their FB pages and if something they don’t like gets posted on their timeline, they clean it up.

Administrator

If it’s on topic (Flying) it is never a problem.I posted information about my apps on many of the FB pages I found and nobody had a problem with it and I got a lot of good feedback. A good way to reach many pilots quickly.

Peter wrote:

I thought that companies etc monitor their FB pages and if something they don’t like gets posted on their timeline, they clean it up.

Yes, but who’s to say they won’t like it (and if they don’t, the leaflets probably would be binned anyway)

I think we would need somebody to make those FB postings in the club’s own language however. Maybe various people here can do something like that?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I think we would need somebody to make those FB postings in the club’s own language however. Maybe various people here can do something like that?

If they can’t read english, they might have trouble with the forum anyway, no? It being in English sort of does some signalling / filtering.

Sign in to add your message