Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your help needed with promoting EuroGA

Well, yes, but I think the objective is to get the package passed by the person who decides whether it is OK to put the leaflets on a literature stand etc. That’s why I am sending out local-language covering letters. Then people who find it interesting will pick up the leaflets and for sure these will be people who can speak at least some English. That’s my theory, anyway

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A preliminary look at signups suggests every one of the leaflet packs sent to clubs in France, Norway and Sweden got binned

Clearly, aiming at airports is the way to go.

Administrator

You are quick at jumping to conclusions. All have not been thrown away. There are leaflets laying around at Ljungbyheds Flygklubb, ESTL. I saw a couple the other day.

ESTL

OK that’s good to hear but normally one can see new join-ups. This is not jumping at anything. The data is visible. It is really obvious after leaving some at the show at EDNY, or various other airports around Europe where they have been left by pilots who I sent them to. In this case, zero join-ups thus far.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

A preliminary look at signups suggests every one of the leaflet packs sent to clubs in France, Norway and Sweden got binned

Not the ones you sent to my club. I posted a number of them myself and left the others to be picked up.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Aren’t leaflets a bit ‘last century’?

Paying money to Google or FB might net more interest?

Not the ones you sent to my club. I posted a number of them myself and left the others to be picked up.

That’s great to hear.

If there is a response to these aeroclub mailings, it is very different to previous methods. When I left say 1k leaflets around Aero Friedrichshafen (with the organisers’ consent, us being a nonprofit organisation) we would see say 50 signups here. I am aware one doesn’t need to sign up and log in to read EuroGA but the reality is that some % of new readers do that, and the smarter ones will know that you get extra functionality if you are logged in. But with about 70 packages (of 15 leaflets each; I kept it below 100g to keep the cost down) I have seen exactly zero signups from those 3 countries.

Next time I will do just airports…

The trouble is that I get a bit fed up with doing all this myself. Of all the ~1500 people who read EuroGA daily like an aviation newspaper, if only somebody spent a bit of their time, say an hour, compiling the names and addresses of GA airfields in their country which are known to have a literature stand, that would be wonderful. I could print them out on mailing labels.

Paying money to Google or FB might net more interest?

I must get David to implement that DONATE button

Thanks to David’s SEO expertise, EuroGA already gets top ranking on google. FB, I know little about except that it is a great way to annoy people by dumping left wing political stuff on their page

Administrator

I can confirm the leaflets at Höganäs ESMH have not been binned as of beginning of July!

Also, can confirm the grilled hering on Tuesday evenings is delicious.

Last Edited by Patrick at 19 Jul 09:02
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Interesting results…

Leave 1000 EuroGA leaflets at the literature stands at Aero Friedrichshafen (with organiser permission of course) and we see dozens of signups in the next few days.

Leave some leaflets at a popular GA airport e.g. Zell am See and we see say 5 signups.

Mail 1000 leaflets to 70 aeroclubs in France, Sweden, Norway… as close to zero signups as is possible to tell.

The difference is massive and inescapable.

It’s true that people can read EuroGA without signing up but nevertheless some % does sign up even if they never post (historically about 1/3 of signups have posted at least once). Signups do seem to be a meaningful metric of how many people pick up the leaflets.

What does this tell you?

Administrator

We got leaflets at Eslövs flygklubb (ESME) for people to get =)

I don’t know how they got there.

Last Edited by Dimme at 31 Jul 19:29
ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message