Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your help needed with promoting EuroGA

I don’t know what I feel about the six “icons” in the lower part. They look a bit like a 1990s web page.

Otherwise the design is great! Much better that the current leaflet design.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Can we please have suggestions for better icons? I am getting the guy to do some small change elsewhere.

1990s might still be way too modern for GA

I think we need a pic of a KNS80 Or a map+stopwatch?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Perhaps the “no advertising” should more strongly suggest the “no” part – by perhaps being crossed out or something?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

tmo wrote:

Perhaps the “no advertising” should more strongly suggest the “no” part – by perhaps being crossed out or something?

Ehmm, surely crossing out the “no” part would suggest there IS advertising on the site? Unless you mean the entire label, in which I personally doubt that will do much good. Maybe something as simple as putting “no” in bold (and caps maybe)?

EHTE, Netherlands

Best icons on the web, and they are the ones used on the euroga website:
https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery

Hacked sample:

Last Edited by AF at 10 Jan 23:05

BTW, the font for the icons is not good either.
Should be a modern font that is sans, like a web-font.
Clear to read, high contrast.

I also edited the bottom clouds out. A graphic artist would have done that first thing (I think).
This improves contrast to the text and draws attention to the key point, which is joining… ;)

The icons would look better with the proper font, and they should all be moved down a bit. Overlapping the 3 main images isn’t good design in my opinion.
I’d drop one, so they’re only 5 and the “experienced pilots” slot was eliminated, so there’s no overlap with the image… makes things clear and clean, which conveys organization.
The ‘experienced’ icon doesn’t need to be removed, one of the others could be. But that location doesn’t work.

Also, the text at the top should be dark, not light, to optimize contrast and blend with the general theme of the flyer.

Finally, icon text should be simplified, like:
“Expert Discussions”
“VFR / IFR”
“Member Fly-ins”
“Friendly Moderators”
“No Banners”

Or something like that…
There’s my $0.02

Last Edited by AF at 10 Jan 23:02

At the CAA building desk of Athens Megara LGMG

The other half shall be placed in Athens Tatoi LGTT when I get a chance.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Another iteration – a different designer this time

Administrator

I like it !!!

LFOU, France

In the absence of other input over the next few days I will get some printed. The only negative input I have had so far was that the pics of the planes are not as “strong” as they could be, but then we don’t want them to be too distracting, and EuroGA covers all GA types not just those depicted. And the top one is a homebuilt

This redesign was 30 quid, also on freelancer.com. It’s a great site. You do get inundated with about a million scripted offers from India and such, so I skipped those but you never know; they may be good too. This one was done by a lady in Romania who is really quick, communicative, and does any graphics editing in seemingly just seconds.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message