Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your help needed with promoting EuroGA

Lošinj LDLO

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Are there any good graphics designers who fancy doing an updated design of the leaflet, also including a mention of our airports database?

I’ve been using some on freelancer.com and they are very cheap but I have not found any good ones.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Following on from here the leaflets were going missing at Aero Friedrichshafen again

At one point he (of course I have a pretty good idea who it is, and so have most people, but I am not posting it until I get a photo, which I will do next year) was walking not far behind me, because I replenished the stack and then walked all the way round the rectangle and when I got back 10 mins later they (maybe 100) were all gone

It is fairly obvious that whoever was doing it was present Wed mid-day to Fri mid-day. But he missed one of the 3 leaflet locations…

Re the graphics designer, I have found one and he’s working on a nice new design. In the meantime if any of you can leave some somewhere, let me know and I will send you some.

Administrator

@Peter, have already been to Belgium and planning Italy in June. Happy to spread the word – and have done so verbally since the last set of leaflets were distributed before Covid/Brexit. Can you send some to France? Myself and a friend would happily distribute this Summer.

Regards, SD..

I will send them anywhere

Just send me the address.

Administrator

Send some to skydriller for me also,please. (Belgium and Italy)

LFDU, Belgium

I need some addresses, please

Administrator

Been a bit busy – Ive now sent a PM.

Leaflets supplied to Alghero LIEA.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We have a new leaflet design!

I send my thanks to a very kind pilot in my home country

I am happy to send a pack to anyone who can leave it at some airport(s). The more GA-popular the better

I can also send out a nice plexiglass stand like above which makes it look a lot more professional and crucially less likely to get chucked out. The only issue, which has surfaced post-brexit, is that some countries’ Customs offices have been sticking a substantial charge on UK packages, even if declared “no commercial value”. One airport, which had previously agreed to put them up, returned the package as “refused” because they didn’t want to pay anything, which is probably not surprising. I expect this stuff will gradually cool down over time… but while I can send just leaflets as “documents” in an envelope, this isn’t obviously possible to do if the stand is included. I wonder if anyone has any ideas? The “no commercial value” method works everywhere in the world but is not possible on anything bigger than a “letter” (max thickness about 4mm) to the EU, which mandates a nonzero customs value to be specified, and even £1/€1 triggers some substantial fee collected from the recipient.

I am posting some to France tomorrow, with the stand, and will solve it by taking them with me to Le Touquet and posting them there

Please do what you can for EuroGA. These leaflets cost very little to print and they really help promote our community. Every year, a lot of pilots get out of flying and need to be replaced

The print original can be downloaded from here.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message