Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your help needed with promoting EuroGA

I have done about 30 aeroclubs in France. Now doing Sweden. Now sure which of those are worth doing… can anyone suggest say 20? But really I need to do some airfields also… ones with a literature stand.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Now doing Sweden. Now sure which of those are worth doing… can anyone suggest say 20?

Linköpings flygklubb
Stockholms flygklubb
Tekniska Högskolans flygklubb
Västerås flygklubb
Motorflygarna Uppsala flygklubb
Chalmers flygklubb
Aeroklubben i Göteborg
Norrköpings automobil- och flygklubb
Hässlö flygförening
Aeroklubben i Malmö
Gotlands flygklubb
Nordvästra Skånes flygklubb
Örebro flygklubb
Östersunds flygklubb
Skånes flygklubb
Sundsvalls flygsällskap
Umeå flygklubb
SAS flygklubb
Östra Sörmlands flygklubb

(Caveat: I don’t have any figures for how large these clubs are. The list is based on my subjective impression and the population of the city/area where they are based.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Hey Peter, this is a sort of ‘master list’ for Austria:
http://www.aviator.at/

I’m not the right person to ask about which airfields to select from the list, but I would suggest this list as a starting point. If any others have suggestions, please lay on.

Flugplatz Dobersberg – loab
Flughafen Graz – lowg
Flughafen Innsbruck – lowi
Flugplatz Kapfenberg – logk
Flughafen Klagenfurt – lowk
Flugplatz Krems (Langenlois) – loag
Flugplatz Kufstein (Langkampfen) loik
Flughafen Linz – lowl
Flughafen Salzburg – lows
Flugplatz Spitzerberg – loas
Flugplatz St. Johann/Tirol – loij
Flugplatz Stockerau – loau
Flugplatz Vöslau – loav
Flugplatz Wels – lolw
Flugplatz Wiener Neustadt Ost – loan
Flugplatz Zell am See – lowz

Last Edited by AF at 23 Jun 23:42

That’s brilliant; thanks. That will keep me busy for a few days.

Administrator

Hi Peter,

I can add to the list provided by Airborne_Again the following clubs with the links to the websites:

Eskilstuna motorflygklubb www.emfk.se
Siljansnäs flygklubb www.siljansnasfk.com/
Siljan airpark www.siljanairpark.se/ The first air park in Sweden with a strong international flying community.
The addresses could be found on websites.

ES?? - Sweden

Thanks Thunderstorm18. I could not find a postal address for the airpark however. I now have about 25 in Sweden. I sent a PM to someone here regarding a translation of the letter; I want to sort that by tonight.

Austria next and I am doing the “operations dept” at the above airports. Is there a website listing Austrian aeroclubs?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I sent a PM to someone here regarding a translation of the letter;

Wouldn’t it be great if a user could select their own language and they see all threads automatically translated…they then respond / comment in their own language…. Clearly the technology exists…although I suppose the technical nature of aviation may lead to some misinterpretations…. Anyway I’m sure such a multi-language forum would be spectacularly successful…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Google translation is way too terrible to use for anything where you want to promote something. I got translations of the covering letter done in German, Norwegian and French so far.

Each envelope costs over a quid in postage… it would be great if each of the many pilots here dropped a package at their local airfields, but the vast majority won’t do it even when I offer to post it to them.

A multi language forum is an interesting idea…

Dear Sir/Madam

I am taking the liberty of enclosing some leaflets for a European General Aviation forum – EuroGA.org

EuroGA has been running for over 4 years and has become a great resource for pilots all over Europe.

It would be great if you would kindly leave these leaflets on your literature shelf, in the flight-planning room, in your lounge or/and post one on a bulletin board. If you have a web site, you could also create post a link to EuroGA.org.

Thank you very much.

David and Peter

Administrator

AnthonyQ wrote:

Wouldn’t it be great if a user could select their own language and they see all threads automatically translated…

Wasn’t supposed that all EASA and JAR pilots, (if JAR certificate still exist), travelling outside national borders to have the English proficiency endorsement on their certificate ? In this case, in my opinion, the targeted audience should not have difficulties in reading a forum in English.

ES?? - Sweden

Thunderstorm18 wrote:

travelling outside national borders to have the English proficiency

Sure, if you want to limit your audience to international flyers…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
Sign in to add your message