Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Channel Islands / Isle of Man / San Marino aircraft registry / register (merged)

Hurricane wrote:

The operator based in the EU statement doesn’t absolve anyone of having an EASA licence even if you base the operator outside of the EU, with aircraft and pilots based in the EU.

Can you point to the rule that requires that?

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Can you point to the rule that requires that?

Jason,

While I agree with you about the drafting, I tend to think that, certainly regarding private aviation, that the drafting does not meet the intention of the legislators.

Also, again in private aviation, it is quite difficult to separate the owner/pilot from being the operator.

EGKB Biggin Hill

No, I don’t wish to spend all day looking around for different European NAA notices, because many of us have already seen these notices that also include operators from outside of the EU. Also, I think that from your posting you are already aware of an NAA close to you where this is the case.

Spain

I believe Part.nco left M reg crew based in Europe requiring a EASA class or type rating? My M reg authorisation was restricted to the aircraft with the registration stated.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hurricane wrote:

Your taking about a validation issued by Swedish authorities to be used for an aircraft based in Sweden. Totally different scenario
No, I’m not. I’m talking about SE-reg. aircraft. There is no requirement that the aircraft be based in Sweden.
and further it’s not one that is registration specific either.
So what?

I am getting annoyed with your style. You are talking down to everyone.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

This has now degenerated to a “troll” level. Don’t feed trolls.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter, while I agree that Hurricane appears to be working to an agenda he does not wish to share, I presume creating FUD to encourage more people to get EASA qualifications at his school, there is a noticeable bias on this forum towards “convenient registers” (such as N) and often unfair disparagement of EASA, and I sometimes wish that the debate was less prejudiced and more factual.

I know that EASA didn’t start well for GA, but they have made, and continue to make, great strides in our favour and it seems a shame that perseveration and, in some cases, name calling continue.

EGKB Biggin Hill

while I agree that Hurricane appears to be working to an agenda he does not wish to share

Well, yes, exactly. The agenda is obvious, the poster’s objective less so but one can guess (angry AOC holder, etc).

The Q, for a mod, is how far is this going to run. It reminds me of the thread c. 2014 about Mooney versus Cirrus. Eventually it reached 500 posts and ended with the Cirrus guy demanding free speech by repeatedly pressing Submit. That led to lots of trouble in subsequent years and hassle I had to deal with. Eventually he was removed.

I am all for good debates, otherwise. I am sure everyone knows that :)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you had to choose between the 2-Reg or N-Reg?

I’m hearing so many scare stories of DAR experiences with people going on the N Reg now using the local pool of guys. On the other hand a good and very experienced friend who has multiple aircraft, says the easiest transaction of his life was going onto the 2-Reg. One point of contact from start to finish, who couldn’t do enough to help him.

Are there many folks here on the 2-Reg? I’m going to call them to chat through the process.

William

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Along the lines of the above …..

So you have your N reg (or G registered) VAT paid aircraft and you transfer it to the 2 registration.

At what stage does the aircraft loose its VAT paid status?

Sign in to add your message