Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

French self service fuel stations

At Annecy the happy attendant (not on attendance) entered a code of NCY to get the machine working.

Norman
United Kingdom

Anyone of you guys ever worked for a French company? … Äähhhh … I do so, thus I am not surprised at all but fly to LFBH on Sunday :)

I had a sales office in France in the 1980s so should not be surprised either – I think they spent much of their time on the booze. They didn’t sell anything of substance but spent GBP 20,000 on “office furniture” for a one-room office.

But I still don’t understand the motivation behind Annecy operating this setup. It must be so obvious to everybody around that people have difficulties with it. I am sure the firemen, for example, get fed up with being dragged out to a presumably large % of non-French visiting pilots.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I always take a before and after photo of the pump readings, just in case.

Norman
United Kingdom

I had to misfortune of using the self serve pump at LFRC today. Two French guys in a heli in front of me took about 20 minutes to get it to work. I had similar struggles and eventually it cleared me for maximum €800. I just splashed in 50L to make sure I had enough to get home because the pump dispenses about 0.2 L/second. I got home to find my card was charged the full €800. I assume/hope this is routine and the €700 I didn’t use will be refunded in a couple of day. Can anyone confirm this?

EIMH, Ireland

One can say a lot about TOTAL and how they make it a bit laborious to get their card, but one has to say that the self serve fuel pumps operated by them

• always work flawlessly
  • are always very tidy
  • have a terminal and menus which make it very easy to operate them

That said, I am pretty sure the refund of the difference will come shortly. He problem is if not, you might have no idea who operates it and you‘ll have to go via the airport management…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 28 Jun 19:35
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

zuutroy wrote:

I got home to find my card was charged the full €800. I assume/hope this is routine and the €700 I didn’t use will be refunded in a couple of day

Unless you used a debit card (as opposed to a credit card), that’s a bit unexpected to me; I thought they would have taken a pre-authorisation for 800 €, and then actually charged the 100 €. The envisioned “couple of days” have now passed, what it the news?

ELLX

Sorry I should have updated. Used a visa debit. The €800 was refunded on the Monday and a different transaction for the amount of the fuel was applied.

EIMH, Ireland
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message