Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best performing non turbine twin

The GNS’s are non waas which means they need replacement

Why you are perfectly legal airways and practically you just gain an LPV capability?

There seem to be a lot of hangar queens with gold plated avionics, I sometimes wonder whether it is the high proportion of IT entrepreneurs in GA :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Why you are perfectly legal airways and practically you just gain an LPV capability?

I think outside UK there are quite a few airports with LPV and it makes sense to have it.
But over here – yes, it is mostly useless as I know of only a half a doezn airpots with LPV and they all have ILS anyway.

EGTR

The 58P Baron is an amazing performer. I’ve flown two, an early one and a late one. The guy who operates the 1985 one flies it at FL220-FL240 all the time. It would be making around 230 Ktas burning 150L per hour roughly. The early model one could take off in about three dashed runway lines and was a joy to hand fly. There’s a good book on them which compares them to all kinds of other aircraft:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/58P-Jack-Shannon/dp/0557000157/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=58P+Jack+Shannon&qid=1599334095&sr=8-1

In the twin Cessna world, they say the 414A is a pretty awesome aeroplane too.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

No, the S1A5 is the same turbo’d engine that’s in the 601P, so this has a turbo, unless they’ve somehow dismantled it and are allowed to fly it like that.

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message