Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ditching accidents, life rafts, jackets and equipment, training and related discussion

the sea around him was a shark breeding area

Malta?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You've established that the TB20 has a habit of burning its autopilot servos over a specific location in France. Maybe there is another location in the Med where the engine fails?

At least the water would put out the fire in the servos...

EGTK Oxford

I usually fly alone (sad I know) and therefore bought a one man raft from SES. At some point I should go for a pool session without sharks.

United Kingdom

For your next ditching this might be useful.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And you should do one of these courses:

HUET training

In the oil and gas industry we do a refresher every 4 years....

Instead of bail-out bottles, there are also the much simpler re-breather bags that require you to breathe in to just before getting submerged (as in the pic in the link). You then have three or four breaths worth which should be enough to get clear...having the mouth piece along with the nose clips also prevents the involuntary inhalation (of seawater) which results from cold shock.....but you really need the training...there are places all up and down the East Coast of the UK...as well as in Norway, Denmark, Netherlands and probably Germany...ie wherever there is an offshore oil industry

And for real fun we do

AQ

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Can't get any of the 'links' at #2 to work - "Firefox doesn't understand".

Sure there'll be a simple explanation!!

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

"Proudly Made in the USA"

Some use quality workmanship, others use pride

These are very common in the sailing world, no need to get an expensive aviation product. Best to have one with the same DIN or CGA540 connector as the rest of your oxygen equipment.

Well at least these two don't seem to work!

HUET video.

This!!

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

"Well at least these two don't seem to work!

Not sure why they are not working...perhaps because they are the mobile versions I pasted the links while on my iPad....the full-site URLs are:

AQ

I am trying to buy an aviation life raft and was wondering if anyone has any particular advice.... TSO or non-TSO, brands, single tube or double, features etc....

Sign in to add your message