Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

I got the Fokker in sight!

10 Posts

I’ve been waiting for years for this moment and today it finally came. On a radio vectored visual approach onto ILS 30 in Belgrade LYBE, ATC asked to confirm I have the preceding Fokker in sight and I could say:

I GOT THE FOKKER IN SIGHT

:-)

I had the honour a few years ago in AMS after landing.
’ After the Fokker passing from left to right..’

United Kingdom

I have to add that fuel prices have gone up at LYBE — I paid 1.15€/l for AVGAS today. It’s really getting expensive!

Priceless…..

I have to add that fuel prices have gone up at LYBE — I paid 1.15€/l for AVGAS today. It’s really getting expensive!

You may want to check whether it is AVGAS

Ref the OP, I worked for Fokker most of my professional life. I was a little puzzled when the marketing department launched a promotional video with the title song (invent you own melody) which went like: FOKK-ER ON THE WING. Well, at least plenty of space I guess.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I had that pleasure in Amarillo, Texas about 10 years ago. I’m sure the tower controllers were probably all very tired of it by then, given there was at the time several flights in and out by a Fokker F100.

Andreas IOM

IMHO all the “funny” callsign jokes wear off pretty quick, like this one

This is not a breach of privacy because the pic was found on google, and the female pilot is very well known. That reg is however now gone – re-regd in Cyprus AFAIK.

Most funny callsigns are a pig to read out in a hurry.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

achimha wrote:

I’ve been waiting for years for this moment and today it finally came. On a radio vectored visual approach onto ILS 30 in Belgrade LYBE, ATC asked to confirm I have the preceding Fokker in sight and I could say:

I GOT THE FOKKER IN SIGHT

One day, maybe, you’ll get the chance to fly around the Bronx, you’ll get to say “I GOT THE MUTHA FOKKER IN SIGHT”

Last Edited by Michael at 15 Jul 10:14
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

aart wrote:

You may want to check whether it is AVGAS

Achims enigne ran on it for 6 hours or so. Not yet Peter like legs, but Achim’s catching up quickly

LSZK, Switzerland
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message