Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Help to prevent UK airfields from closures due to property development

10 Posts

petition

In brief, the background to this is that the current classification of land used for an airfield is equivalent to “industrial land” which can be fairly easily developed into housing estates.

This is why every airfield in the UK has property sharks circling it 24/7 and it’s only a matter of time before the grab it.

This proposal will make it more difficult because airfields will be classified as a higher grade of land.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Unfortunately, only UK residents may sign it.

But yes, the step back to greenfield would be a vital one.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Sitting at 4177……

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I have signed 6321 now

United Kingdom

8389 now – it will be interesting to see the government’s response.

8520 and two more in the few minutes since I signed! I’ve sent it on to the local flying school and will post on their Facebook page too.

UK, United Kingdom

It’s interesting to look through the other petitions on offer and see what the British public find most to protest about.
e.g. Five years mandatory jail-time for pet stealing. Some pretty draconian and brutal proposals in there too.

One similar topic to this thread covers disused railway lines. The idea is to prevent the land being redeveloped for housing or industrial use, so that it can be returned to transport in the future Cycleways and walking paths are fine.

One wonders if in the future a similar belated appeal will go out about airfields – they will be very difficult to replace and who knows what forms aviation might offer in a few decades time.

PS: The one about abolishing certain types of puppy farms isn’t anything to do with aviation

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Please spend 20 seconds here:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106779

Cheers, Sam.

[ post moved to thread already running ]

EDLN and EDKB
Just signed. 11,506
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message