Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Childrens headsets

Does anyone have any experience - good or bad - of childrens headsets?

My two girls are aged 5 and 6. I used two old David Clark sets which they complained about being heavy on a previous short (30 minute) flight. Planning a few longer trips when the weather improves so was thinking Pilot P51C child headsets?

thanks.

Our daughter happily used a P51C from age 2 til about 5 1/2 when she started to complain about the headset being too tight on her head, causing headaches. I think the age range of "for children 2 to 10", as they are labelled by German dealers, is slightly over-optimistic. However, I read on aircraftspruce.com that the headband can be exchanged free of charge against a larger one once children grow older but did not pursue this further.

I did a fligth with our daughter letting her try-out four different sets for 15 mins each (her previous 51C, a David Clark X11, a Lightspeed Zulu 1 and my newly arrived fresh out-of the box Bose A20). Guess which one she preferred.

I ended up buying another Bose A20 for her. Not the cheapest option but ever since she is a very happy traveller with no further complaints about comfort or noise.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

I had great success with my six year old, with the type of David Clark headset which has the spring band around the back of her head, and a fabric strap across the top of her head. It worked well, and she never complained.

I have switched her to the regular type now she's nine. Never a problem...

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I used the Bose X entirely successfully on kids not much older than that. They have very light pressure (much lighter than anything else on the market AFAIK) and their noise reduction performance totally outclasses any "cheap" headset.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies. I suspected there may be a preference amongst the younger ones for Bose! I haven't tried them with my Bose X yet, so might just give it a go with P51C's and see how we get on.

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message