Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PA-28 crashed, no occupants found...

Interesting accident yesterday in Germany:
PA-28 D-ENEU crashed, but rescue workers did not find any occupants.
https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=179620

Did they find anything else in the aircraft?

The circumstances suggest the pilot might have been doing something not entirely above board.

London area

Josh wrote:

The circumstances suggest the pilot might have been doing something not entirely above board.

The Police assumes that the pilot jumped out of the aircraft before it crashed… link

lenthamen wrote:

The Police assumes that the pilot jumped out of the aircraft before it crashed…

Not an easy thing to do from a PA28!

Similar happenned at the eastern Slovakia. but looking at the pictures, it seems to be well arranged to me, it doesn´t look like a crash. Don´t waste you time on google translating the text, they just mentioned they believe they identified the correct type of aircraft…

Last Edited by Michal at 18 Sep 12:52
LKKU, LKTB

Michal wrote:

Similar happenned at the eastern Slovakia.

That looks like a typical off airport landing were you can walk away from.
Looking at the pictures of the crashed PA28, I think it’s unlikely that the pilot walked away from it…

ok… I’m putting it out there… don’t shoot me…

Is it possible someone was trying to enter Germany without being noticed, now that the country has borders controls?

The only border control is two fences with mines between them and H24 patrolling. For example Czechoslovakia had that on its borders with the western imperialists.

This could have been suicide. There have been a number of those but the pilots didn’t jump out.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Border control with mines? In Germany? That’s new to me :-)

There was a case in Germany a couple of years ago where a guy committed suicide by jumping from a rented Cessna.

Similar happenned at the eastern Slovakia. but looking at the pictures, it seems to be well arranged to me, it doesn´t look like a crash. Don´t waste you time on google translating the text, they just mentioned they believe they identified the correct type of aircraft…

Actually I find that intriguing… Someone flies over from the Ukraine (presumably – given the markings) at about five o’clock in the morning. Then they crash. Then they take tin-snips and remove the registration number. Perhaps it was too dark to see properly, hence losing the undercarriage.

Last Edited by kwlf at 18 Sep 18:07
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message