Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rocket route problem

A month ago I purchased RocketRoute impulsively to calculate a route back from Lido, Italy to my homebase LKHK. I installed the product on both my Iphone and Ipad. I tried to setup my aircraft and found several bugs in the application. Also the UI is unacceptable for me, I would say it is outright horrible. I decided not to use the application and ask for refund within the 60 day period they offer. I actually used the application for less than 60 minutes before I unistalled it both from my Iphone and Ipad. I asked Rocketroute to refund and gave them quite a long description od difficulties I experienced as a feedback. I am still fighting for the refund now, month later, even though they promised to process the refund for me weeks ago. Their support is very unresponsive now, I am getting no answers. I would like to warn local users as the software contains bugs, it is painfully slow and the UI is horrible. Things are getting even worse when you try to get a refund they promise. Be very careful!

LKHK, Czech Republic

Around here, we all know this.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I purchased the app via Appstore, will try to claim the money back via Apple tomorrow. I just wanted to warn local users about RocketRoute. Compared to other software available for GA flying and flightplanning, RocketRoute sucks. I would like to see other users experience if possible. Mine is very disappointing.

LKHK, Czech Republic

The same. The product has been ruined over the last two years. They must be losing customers by the hundreds these days.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Pytlak wrote:

I would like to see other users experience if possible.

https://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/4677-accepted-rocketroute-fpl-refused-by-atc

BTW, this is the very first time I try to get a refund for any purchase. I do not remember to be that much disappointed with anything else. It is very strange feeling to find that you were deceived. I am angry at myself for such a stupidity. Hope to solve it soon with them otherwise they might get a very hot time with me next Friedrichshafen.

LKHK, Czech Republic

In a note of balance, I don’t agree. You have based you view on 60 minutes of usage. I have filed several hundreds of flightplans with them. It is certainly expensive but the interface is OK and the routing engine works well (in the 200 FL up at least). Autorouter is good but is also not perfect (but getting there!).
I would prefer a better interface for sure.

On the refund, yes you should be able to get that. If you buy via the app store in apple don’t you have to get a refund from Apple?

EGTK Oxford

I contacted RR first and they promised to refund (in writing) weeks ago. I was not looking anywhere else and was waiting patiently for the refund. But now, my patience is over. This is too much. I am also not very happy with their support staff with strong Russian/Ukrainian accent. First class (at least first class priced) product should have a first class and not the cheapo type support.

LKHK, Czech Republic

Why is a russian accent a problem? Isn’t it more WHAT they say than in what accent that is important?

I had the russian accent support from RR aswell, and it was very good. I still switched to autorouter, becasue it does all RR does, and better, and is free … (finally one good thing in aviation that is free!)

Flyer59 wrote:

Why is a russian accent a problem? Isn’t it more WHAT they say than in what accent that is important?

Yes indeed. I think this is a particularly poor comment. The individual you mention is very helpful. Who cares what accent he has?

You need to remember that the customer service people you speak to are probably not empowered to refund your money. Stereotyping nationalities is hardly helpful.

EGTK Oxford
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message