Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rocket route problem

JasonC wrote:

In a note of balance, I don’t agree. You have based you view on 60 minutes of usage. I have filed several hundreds of flightplans with them. It is certainly expensive but the interface is OK and the routing engine works well (in the 200 FL up at least). Autorouter is good but is also not perfect (but getting there!).
I would prefer a better interface for sure.

Agreed. I don’t really have any complaints about RocketRoute in terms of functionality or service, use it regularly and am happy with it. HOWEVER, the flight planning part of the UI is indeed pretty terrible, and it’s disappointing that they can’t invest a few man days (nothing more required) of development to tidy this up. The part that is horrible is that narrow window which appears on top of the main app, and which is in fact just the mobile website’s HTML embedded into the app. A proper native UI, or even just some better CSS, would fix this issue. If they are losing customers, hopefully this will trigger them to sort it.

That’s correct – but who cares when you get better functionality with autorouter anyway … I think autorouter will kill RR …

They’ve had terrible problems to get a proper route when it was a Z flight plan, but apparently, they fixed this.
I agree that autorouter is far much better than RR, the meteo briefing is thousand light years ahead of RR’s.

The very advantage of Autorouter is with a very small team of (talented) individuals dedicated to GA, and with the EuroGA forum community for immediate feedback, it’s maybe easier to have a better efficiency.

Last Edited by Emmanuel at 01 Oct 15:38
LSGL

There was a similar thread over on Flyer where it took someone a completely unreasonable amount of time to get a refund. I think two months!

I’m completely agnostic about this, but if you offer a refund policy, you should execute it in a timely manner otherwise you end up with negative publicity like this. How difficult can it be to process a refund?

With regard to the App – if you bought it from the Apple App Store, then you must contact Apple.

I don’t know the details here and know nothing about RR but there are many apps where you pay say €1 for the app but then buy the data direct from the vendor for say €100. The Apple refund would be just €1. Certainly this is the case with Android a lot of the time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

YOu only buy the app from Apple’s app store, not the subscription, of course.

It is, as Apple calls it, an in-app purchase. I paid 299.99EUR all via Apple, i.e. using my Apple ID credentials. Today I succeeded and my claim via Apple iTunes was fulfilled, i.e. I received credit note from Apple for 299.99EUR, which I paid for in-app purchase. I am not going to touch RR anymore, even with a barge pole. The company looks very attractive when you look at their marketing materials and newsletters but in fact it is very amateurish, both the product and the support.

LKHK, Czech Republic

Request for Independence and Unbiased View

We feel many posts are being made in this website about Flight Planning tools yet the forum promotes its own Flight Planning tool on its homepage.
We feel this does not make for a fair or balanced discussion.

(image from homepage of this site)

We would like the site to be positioned as 100% independent and unbiased and we would be more supportive and more willing to contribute.

In the meantime we would urge pilots to review our customer reviews on our website and to review forums operated by aviation magazines and publications on the topic of Flight Planning Apps. We have many thousands of happy pilots flying daily who are satisfied and happy with the service.

We do monitor this forum

Any customers who do experience a problem we will immediately investigate and seek to resolve to your complete and 100% satisfaction. We take all complaints seriously.

We are working hard every day

At RocketRoute the team are some of the hardest working individuals in the aviation industry.

This industry is complex and Europe is not an easy market to work with.

Every day we are working hard to make our products better.

We employ people based on their skills and positive attitude and not their race or where they were born. We are happy to stand by our staff whatever their accent may sound.

We would urge pilots to visit our stands at the many events we attend throughout Europe and further afield and talk to our staff one on one.

Situation with iTunes Purchase

A recent post was made and we want to clarify how iTunes purchases are refunded.

The purchase was made by iTunes not via our Webshop and the request was made to our customer support team.

RocketRoute will always honour our 100% Money Back Guarantee.

Because it was purchased via iTunes, Apple takes a 30% fee. Therefore its not reasonable for us to refund directly to the customer ourselves. There is a well established refund process in iTunes and we have directed the customer to how to complete this.

Message to all pilots

Whatever system you use for Flight Planning – we wish you blue skies, safe flying and wonderful experiences!

Best regards
RocketRoute Team.

@RocketRoute thank you for your posting.

You are welcome to participate here on EuroGA and discuss your product/service.

The requirement is as for any other business which is that you participate generally in forum discussions. The Guidelines are here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There are also pilots on this forum that have voiced support for RR. Those who have a bad experience are just as entitled to voice their opinion whether the vendor likes it or not.

In this particular case there seems have been a communication issue with an ex-customer. Maybe that is a potential area of improvement for RR.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message