Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Has the FAA done a deal with EASA to do ramp checks on N-regs?

Thanks everyone for your imput. Now at least I will not be nervous when someone in a uniform walks up to me and my plane.

KHTO, LHTL

I juste got ramp checked in a F-reg in Besançon LFQM by Gendarmerie de l’air. They checked aircraft documents, my license and medical. They also asked for the AFM but did not insist when I had left it in the plane.

I asked them about N-reg but they did not seem to be very knowledgeable on that front. They vaguely knew about the difference between a license based on a foreign license and a full FAA license.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 27 Nov 15:50
LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

AFM
??

What is AFM? Thanks

KHTO, LHTL

Thanks aka Pilots Handbook

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Thanks aka Pilots Handbook

Yeah, like the POH

LFPT, LFPN

Are POH and AFM actually the same thing? My understanding is that they are not, although the same document can serve as both. (Not that I know the difference. )

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Are POH and AFM actually the same thing?

I actually do not seen the difference between an AFM for a Diamond and a POH for a Piper or Cessna. The structure is the same. The contents seems to be the same. Someone would need to point them out to me. Could it just be different terminology between US and Europe?

LFPT, LFPN

According to this, AFM is a term out of FAR 23.1581, while a POH is according to GAMA Specification 1 (containing a limitations section that serves as AFM).

LSZK, Switzerland

Peter wrote:

France is using a carefully targeted method against N-regs.

What makes you write that? Usage of a registry specific checklist? I would probably call that professionalism or preparedness. It’s no wonder given US registry’s high profile. Even if they got specific training. If it results in a smoother experience, less confusion, than it’s a good thing, isn’t it?

C210_Flyer wrote:

Anyone have any experience with this type VAT exemption? Do the French recognize other EU member states sovereignty when it comes to VAT satisfaction?

This is not specific to Hungary, it’s based in EU law. If you want a reference, Council Directive 2009/132/EC Title II Chapter 1 Personal property of natural persons transferring their normal place of residence to the Community, unless I’m mistaken. As always, if it’s a serious concern, consult a professional.

Sign in to add your message