Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Has the FAA done a deal with EASA to do ramp checks on N-regs?

Phobos wrote:

It’s a pity that others posting on here with supposed ‘insider knowledge’ couldn’t have been a little more forthcoming and helpful to their fellow pilots, regardless of what licence they hold.

Sounds like you are the one with insider knowledge… Thanks for sharing.

LFPT, LFPN

Phobos wrote:

For those of you interested third country licences in Europe are accepted for another year until 8th April 2017.

What exactly is a third country license?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

What exactly is a third country license?

License from a non-EASA country.

LFPT, LFPN

Does that mean I cant fly my N registered Plane with my FAA License?

Does an EASA license allow an individual to fly an N reg plane?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Does an EASA license allow an individual to fly an N reg plane?

Yes, but only in the country which delivered the EASA License

Jean
EBST, Belgium

So every FAA licensed pilot from the US who happens to have a second home or apartment in Europe has his own plane now has to have EASA License also?

What about the N Registered air carriers that have N Reg aircraft used in short haul service on the Continent? Flown by US resident FAA licensed pilots?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

So every FAA licensed pilot from the US who happens to have a second home or apartment in Europe has his own plane now has to have EASA License also?

No, the rules are only applicable when the “Operator” resides in the EU.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Operator= pilot/owner?

KHTO, LHTL

@C210_Flyer, my read on residence (and therefore being pressured or forced to get an EASA license) is when you have official residence paperwork in a European country, including for example an ID card. More pragmatically I’d guess that if you can show a US passport, and keep any other documents to yourself, nobody will hassle you as long as they don’t have another agenda. I also doubt that any insurance company would care as long as you have an FAA pilot certificate to fly your N-registered plane.

Seems to me Italians, with thousands of years of experience in dealing with over regulation and ambiguous enforcement, and ignoring it successfully, may in time become preeminent in the brave new EU

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Apr 21:09

Thank you Silvaire. That makes sense.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message