Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel price coming down...

Fuji_Abound wrote:

Interesting to think you can still get it at just 85 pennies in the US a litre but I guess given the additional transport costs and volumes involved Jersey compares very well, but that is around half current UK prices.

The least expensive places for fuel in the US, as in Europe, tend to be those which are remote. Fuel delivery to Big Bear in California involves driving a truck up the long winding road to the top of the mountain where it is offloaded and sold to visiting pilots for the equivalent of £0.65 per liter (today’s price on Foreflight.) Supply and demand and taxes apparently set the retail price, not delivery cost.

Average fuel prices in Europe for both auto and AVGAS have hovered around double the average US price for a long time. I find it interesting that this seems to remain the case regardless of other factors.

Tax an all fuel in the USA is way below most of Europe

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Peter wrote:

JET A1 is now £0.76 per litre + VAT @ 5% = £0.80

Wow. That is really high for the UK.

EGTK Oxford

Silvaire – that is amazing – I didnt realise that it could be purchased for as little as .65 a litre – is that just about as low as it gets?

One of the deciding factors in me taking a leap with the Jet A1 burner is that here in the US, the price differences between vendors, and the discounts one can get, are so much greater on Jet fuel. One can “maneuver” much more economically if one is inclined to do so. Avgas has also got differences, but it’s much less of a price delta between the cheapest and the most costly. I could already on paper make the fuel cost cheaper on the TP than on a legacy piston twin, so I knew my direct operational costs in that regard would stay the same. Obviously, that’s the only cost that will stay the same….

Fuji_Abound wrote:

Silvaire – that is amazing – I didnt realise that it could be purchased for as little as .65 a litre – is that just about as low as it gets?

Yes, that’s the lowest I know currently. Airports that see little piston engine traffic in the middle of cities are typically the most expensive, airports in more remote places trying to ‘catch’ pilots transiting through the area tend to be the least expensive. People make a stop to top off on the way home.

Fuel prices Guernsey in September

AdamFrisch wrote:

I could already on paper make the fuel cost cheaper on the TP than on a legacy piston twin, so I knew my direct operational costs in that regard would stay the same.

You seem to have saved 100%

EGTK Oxford

€1.50/ltr Avgas reported yesterday at Skopje (LWSK), landing and handling €32.- for a PARO. Might be an interesting stepping stone to Greece, which is where that flight went. (LOWG-LWSK-LGSM)

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Funny thing in Hungary and in Germany even though crude fell 60%. The Price of fuel in Hungary at one airport fell 10 forint. $1=270Ft most of the others didnt change at all. In Germany Augsburg last check it fell 20ct same I think in EDMS but i cant swear to it.

I asked why they dont use Warter a Polish refinery they actually sell purple too and there was no answer.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message