Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

When do you visit EuroGA?

The low points are the weekends. The peaks are normally Mondays; occassionally they are the result of EuroGA being referenced somewhere on the internet.

This is the opposite of what I would expect i.e. it suggests most people read EuroGA at the office, and spend their weekends maybe flying

Average pages per visit is about 8, BTW. So a lot of people read it seriously. This makes EuroGA of the order of 100x bigger than a forum which is behind a paywall and whose total visitor population is about 50.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve noticed the same trend, Peter. I get more new threads and more responses during the week and also late in the evening (CET) and much less on the weekend. My assumption is that people either fly or spend time with their families on the weekend but “steal” some working time or just sit in front of the computer in the evening on a working day. I am personally 80% of the time in front of a PC and the rest of the time have my phone, so I usually read everything I am following almost immediately unless I am in a meeting.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Peter wrote:

This is the opposite of what I would expect i.e. it suggests most people read EuroGA at the office, and spend their weekends maybe flying

As an old shift worker I don’t know about the weekends but I can well imagine (cough) that people will read and post at the office, where they won’t be chased away from the computer by family. I once read that internet use at the office is to a huge percent non work related. Many companies do restrict the internet and I know of some where most forums are banned, maybe EuroGA has not yet appeared on the “content blocker” folks radar. But they are fighting a loosing battle anyhow as everyone has a smart phone nowadays.

Peter wrote:

So a lot of people read it seriously.

I certainly do. It has become my first and last forum read of the day. There is simply nowhere else where you will have the same quality of people interested in GA.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I don’t read it as often as I’d like but that’s because I have had quite some work these past months

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

At random times, but never during work… I always use the ‘latest posts’ as a start. Never look further much…

When do you visit EuroGA?

Way too often lately

You know you are an EuroGA addict when instead of driving some rivets in your homebuilt, you find yourself discussing IFR on the net, even though you have no interest in IFR,

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

even though you have no interest in IFR

There is always time in the future

I always use the ‘latest posts’ as a start. Never look further much

I think that’s true for many. It would be nice to find a solution to that… I guess EuroGA is quite popular so threads run fairly quickly

Administrator

Interesting to compare things 5 years on

It is still the same now. Very quiet weekends during the day, which is interesting. It must be socials, family or flying

Statistically the daily traffic is 1.5x higher than 5 years ago

The size of the “posted within the past 30 days” group has remained pretty well constant at around 200, for the last 7 years.

Administrator

Pretty tight community…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

My job involves quite alot of “hurry up and wait”… So I browse/post on the forum during the wait bit…
At home not so much…Unless the weather is carp.

Regards, SD..

20 Posts
Sign in to add your message