Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brexit and general aviation, UK leaving EASA, etc (merged)

Speaking of easyjet… Was talking to a pilot working with them and he told me they moved most of their UK licences to other EU countries. I thought these must have been only a handful of transfers (only UK licenced pilots operating non G-Reg), but according to this:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-31/easyjet-moves-pilots-to-new-licenses-to-stem-no-deal-brexit-risk
They moved around 1400!

I’m procrastinating about this… basically cause I don’t really want to spend the money to have something I already have and I really don’t want to deal with the bureaucracy.

Does anyone know if all EASA jurisdictions allow revalidation by experience or are the differences between states?

Also, it will be interest if all EU nationals living in the UK will get a blue UK passport and sue the EU for the loss of its privileges (like cheap sun vacations in Spain), human ingenuity with regards to money knows few bounds

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

This is all surely a non issue since both Ryanair and Easyjet have gone non-G-reg and Easyjet did some deal with an Austrian FTO to “reprocess” all their pilot papers

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

a blue UK passport

Made in France!

Andreas IOM

Peter wrote:

did some deal with an Austrian FTO to “reprocess” all their pilot papers

No. They moved a huge number of pilots and a significant number of aircraft on the Austrian register, thus becoming the biggest Austrian airline overnight.

I have decided to wait a bit and take no action till end Feb…in the hope( which allways dies last) that there will be sensible desisions made by then.

LGMG, Cyprus

Qutirio wrote:

Because of this I am trying to sell property in Malaga because I will not be able to fly for 9 euros anymore from London to AGP airport, it will become just too expensive and I am sure there will be a lot of delays due to obtaining permits and so on.

Huh?

Of all the things which a Brexit can cause that would be the last thing in my mind… While the LCC’s re moving their registrations and licenses, I don’t expect them to give up Britain as destination. What makes you think ticket prices will explode like this, there are hundreds if not thousands british expats there who need transport to and from Britan regardless of Brexit. Maybe it’s gonna be 20 Euros instead of 9, but heavens, giving up a property because of such diffuse fears..

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

What makes you think ticket prices will explode like this

A ticket price to Murcia can’t be lower than what is today, if Brexit will make it low than 9£ I am happy with leaving the EU , but unfortunately I fail to see how?

As far as I can see it is not about “costs or economy benefits”, I have to think very hard to see otherwise…

Tough I agree the “brexit cost” is something difficult to estimate (at least on my personal case it did make me sad & rich)

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 Jan 16:03
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I believe Qutirio was just trying to place a free advert for his apartment, which is why I deleted the live link from his post.

No. They moved a huge number of pilots and a significant number of aircraft on the Austrian register, thus becoming the biggest Austrian airline overnight.

I didn’t say they didn’t do that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I didn’t say they didn’t do that.

Just for everyone’s info: Austro Control is not an ATO, but the Austrian version of the CAA and ATC rolled into one. They are organized as a private company owned 100% by the Austrian State. More info here: https://www.austrocontrol.at/en

Sign in to add your message