Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is this the lowest and highest pressure ever in/near Europe?

I’ve never found those forecasts to be of much use. They tend to throw in everything including the kitchen sink

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I’ve never found those forecasts to be of much use.

Agree, someone in the met office was given the job of mapping A, B, C, D, E on top of England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland and Continent
Then, he let his 4 years old son to do it, but F215 is still useful for a non-friendly weather briefing chat or annual clubhouse symbol quiz

Most snapshots will tend to be useless, probably you need to see the trend of actual vs forecast over 5 days to 4h on twice the area you plan to fly in?

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Jan 20:32
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Someone just sent me this:

METAR UWGG 210630Z 20003MPS CAVOK M11/M14 Q1052 R18L/090070 NOSIG=

Administrator

It’s the MiG factory. Sokol plant.

LPFR, Poland

This is even more rarely seen

Administrator

And we hit 1045mb here today, the highest I’ve seen in a while.

Andreas IOM

EGKA 191520Z 36009KT CAVOK 07/02 Q1046

EGHQ 191520Z 31004KT CAVOK 07/02 Q1047 is not surprising looking at this

Tomorrow’s MSLP is showing 1050.

This will really inflate controlled airspace infringements, especially for IFR traffic inbound to the UK and landing at an airfield in Class G. Some years ago, when the FL055 LTMA was redefined as 5500ft, lots of people busted it doing exactly this. I got a rather bemused telling off by Gatwick Director; he sounded like he wished he had it pre-recorded. Of course, nowadays, ATC telling off is banned in the UK and you get a proper sentence

Administrator

Peter wrote:

This will really inflate controlled airspace infringements, especially for IFR traffic inbound to the UK and landing at an airfield in Class G.

I don’t follow. How does the QNH value as such affect airspace infringements? If the lower limit is given as an FL and people use QNH instead of standard setting it could be a factor, but only if the QNH is less than 1013.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

If you forget to reset the altimeter when transitioning from FL to altitude.

Administrator

It is 1049 hPa in London now, and forecast to be 1050 by midnight according to windy.com.

huv
EKRK, Denmark
Sign in to add your message