Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How old are you ? How old, when you started to fly ?

Silvaire wrote:

Amazing what you can find on lineā€¦

I like that we have lots of spotters in this country, I never have to take photos of my Auster, someone with really nice camera equipment seems to get a photo at certain airfields :-) Pretty much guaranteed that within 2 days of a trip to EGBJ/Gloucester, there will be a photo on flikr.

Sadly I’ve never found a photo on google images of the C140 that I used to have in the US (I have plenty of my own).

Andreas IOM

I did my first solo in a “Traumahawk”…

Found it on t’internet…

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 25 Jan 13:12
YPJT, United Arab Emirates

10/18/53

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Started aged 33, or thereabouts. Now 37.

PPL 21
IR/SE 25
IR/ME 25
CPL 25
Now 26…

KRALJO
LJCE, LJLJ

Now 40, Started PPL training 3 years ago.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

jfw wrote:

Now 40, Started PPL training 3 years ago.

And have recently got your PPL, right? Within the last few months? Watch out for a Le Touquet fly-in in the first half of February!

Last Edited by Aviathor at 27 Jan 18:58
LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

And have recently got your PPL, right? Within the last few months? Watch out for a Le Touquet fly-in in the first half of February!

Indeed, got my PPL this summer.
Took quite a long time due to my availability (only in the WE), plus the fact that I had two young instructors who I guess were more interested in building hours that to get me solo :-( … anyway here I am.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Resurrecting this thread because we talked about age in jujupilote’s introduction topic.

I was flying (and crashing ) Lear 35s at age 7 on Microsoft Flight Simulator 3.0.
Was actually afraid of flying CAT between ages 10 to 14. Kept flying on my PC, preferably X-Wings or at least warbirds. Bought MS Flight Simulator X on Steam ca. at age 28. This inspired me to a trial lesson at my local club aged 29. I started my PPL the same year, had two children in between and finished this year aged 31.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Started at 27
PPL at 28
NQ at 28
Now 30

ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message