Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying with pets

To the best of my knowledge, UK to continental Europe is trivial, you just need a standard pet passport with rabies vaccination (assuming it’s a cat/dog). It’s coming to the UK that’s very problematic.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Yes, EU to UK needs approved carriers (read list of “airliners” you simply can’t take it on GA), the legal way around it is to fly to Ireland and back to UK (if not stick to LeTouqet/Deauville and land in UK airfields where the dog knows people by their names )

UK to EU was trivial but now need extra papers nothing GA related…

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Jan 23:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

What if you happen to find a stray dog in the UK near the airport?

ESME, ESMS

@FabioRoberto Multiple identical threads merged

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

(read list of “airliners” you simply can’t take it on GA),

Not strictly true, but only possible otherwise for the wealthy users of AOC holders at the Likes of Biggin, Lydd, Cambridge, Oxford etc…..

Plus the old pet passport system is now defunct thanks to Brexit. Not sure what’s replaced it (if anything).

Forever learning
EGTB

Indeed, possible but AOC holders in Biggin will quote France to UK about +4000£ (joke: the dog had discount, so I guess quote for 3 dogs should be cheaper than 2 pax + 1dog )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Indeed, possible but AOC holders in Biggin will quote France to UK about +4000£ (joke: the dog had discount, so I guess quote for 3 dogs should be cheaper than 2 pax + 1dog )

Yes, exactly. The loophole is I think you can still route via the CI’s, although they have their own rules, and then directly to the UK. At least this was the case, who know now.

I also have a feeling even with an AOC you require specific consent, although this is relatively straight forward as long it is to an approved airport.

37 Posts
Sign in to add your message