Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying with pets

Ibra wrote:

Indeed, possible but AOC holders in Biggin will quote France to UK about +4000£ (joke: the dog had discount, so I guess quote for 3 dogs should be cheaper than 2 pax + 1dog )

Yes, exactly. The loophole is I think you can still route via the CI’s, although they have their own rules, and then directly to the UK. At least this was the case, who know now.

I also have a feeling even with an AOC you require specific consent, although this is relatively straight forward as long it is to an approved airport.

Indeed, possible but AOC holders in Biggin will quote France to UK about +4000£ (joke: the dog had discount, so I guess quote for 3 dogs should be cheaper than 2 pax + 1dog )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

(read list of “airliners” you simply can’t take it on GA),

Not strictly true, but only possible otherwise for the wealthy users of AOC holders at the Likes of Biggin, Lydd, Cambridge, Oxford etc…..

Plus the old pet passport system is now defunct thanks to Brexit. Not sure what’s replaced it (if anything).

Forever learning
EGTB

@FabioRoberto Multiple identical threads merged

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What if you happen to find a stray dog in the UK near the airport?

ESME, ESMS

Yes, EU to UK needs approved carriers (read list of “airliners” you simply can’t take it on GA), the legal way around it is to fly to Ireland and back to UK (if not stick to LeTouqet/Deauville and land in UK airfields where the dog knows people by their names )

UK to EU was trivial but now need extra papers nothing GA related…

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Jan 23:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

To the best of my knowledge, UK to continental Europe is trivial, you just need a standard pet passport with rabies vaccination (assuming it’s a cat/dog). It’s coming to the UK that’s very problematic.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Hello,

I’m wondering if it is possible to fly with a pet to from the UK to France.
If it is possible apart from the usual documents what else is required?

Thanks!

United Kingdom

I’m still pursuing this.
I understand that it is actually possible but it requires the cooperation of the AOC holder.
You need a VAT registered company of your own and that company enters an agreement via a MROP form with the AOC holder that is approved for carriage of pets.
I have seen documentary proof that it is achievable but cannot find anyone at Oxford (or Biggin as a 2nd choice) that is willing to co-operate.

Forever learning
EGTB

I take my dog flying all of the time. I have been looking into the problem of bringing them back into the UK and have recently learnt that with a little bit of preparation it actually is possible. You need to have a VAT registered company which you then get aligned via a written declaration with a handling agent that is an approved carrier. I haven’t actually done it yet but am planning to.

Last Edited by Stickandrudderman at 25 Jan 20:09
Forever learning
EGTB
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message