Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A EuroGA restoration project?

2 engines so ok for single pilot AOC ops.

STOL performance.

Certified for Class G IFR PT ops down to 200ft AGL.

If we build more than 51% it could go on the PH-reg.

The finished item:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

MTOW = 4763 kg and three engines… :-(

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 17 Apr 15:40
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Adam’s next plane I would say. First flight scheduled in 2048…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

[[off topic]] only now does it strike me that the Trislander’s third engine, on the tail, sports a two-blade propeller, where the other two are three-bladed. A bit like the Bv-138 “Flying Clog”, but the other way around: there, the central propeller was four-bladed while those on the wings were three-bladed. What is the logic?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

… and if we do embark on this restoration project, do count me in: I hereby volunteer to monitor and correct the tire pressures, with an approved compressor and pressure gauge, EASA certified. And deliver the associated certificates, duly signed and stamped, in threefold if need be.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Hmmm; you need to be a 145 company to issue Form 1s.

That could be a problem. We would need a very cordial 145 company

Hey, I used to know one like that. They offered me a JAR-1 form for £600, for a US-sourced Hartzell prop, priced delivered UK at $9k, against a UK ex-145 company price of £11.5k… I didn’t go for it because it was a prop strike insurance job and the insurer couldn’t care less. To be fair it was a brand new plane (1hr on the clock) so I was glad they didn’t take chances.

I forgot to say the Trislander has extra strong brakes, certified to enable power checks to be done while taxiing

The Class 1 medical was every 6 months (seriously) and it cost extra because they had to check the pilot had 3 Y chromosomes

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A friend of mine flew his J3 Cub today for the ‘first’ time, well it hadn’t flown in maybe 40 or 50 years, the last twenty of which it lived in the rafters of his hangar. The turning point came when he scored a replacement set of wings inexpensively five years ago, and then the final impetus came two years ago when a good friend lost his medical cerificate…. The J3 can be flown in the US with a driver’s license serving as a medical. Much, much smaller in scale but anything is possible.

I actually remember my dad pointing out Trilanders in the sky as being the latest thing. I was very small and my dad’s now 87 years old.

The middle engine on a Trislander looks so awkward. It’s like they designed a large twin, found it was a bit underpowered, and thought “where can we stick another engine?”. The DC-10 gives me the same feeling, too, with the third engine impaled on the tail like that.

Andreas IOM
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message