Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TAA at Denham

Apparently they have shut up shop.
Anyone know why?

Forever learning
EGTB

You would need to ask the former owners to get the story, but my guess is that the market for post-PPL training has always been limited to people who think they need more training, and that isn’t many… The other driver for type specific training is insurance which in the UK is not at all aggressive. I phoned up my insurer about an SR22 a while ago (posted the details here but can’t find the post now) and they wanted some hours with an instructor but you could do those with a freelancer. Also there are other companies which do Cirrus training. Finally, the figures for new sales have really gone down in recent years.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

John is a great instructor and he’s always been extremely busy. I train with him every year and I always need to book a couple of months in advance.

EGTF, LFTF

Yes, John is an excellent instructor. I was just hoping that they haven’t been victim to the same perfunctory treatment that I got when kicked out of my hangarage.

Forever learning
EGTB

I have just tried to contact them, due to a different reason (email bouncing). They shut the company down (didn’t say why) but John is still working on a freelance basis, in the Cirrus sphere it seems. The mobile phone # on their website still gets you to what I believe was John’s wife.

I strongly suspect there was a lack of business in the UK.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message