Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To do list

Peter wrote:

“Old” has a derogatory meaning in modern English

I suppose “elderly” could mitigate that somewhat?

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Patrick wrote:

I suppose “elderly” could mitigate that somewhat?

I’m not sure. “Elderly” brings the image of someone bent over, shuffling along with a walking stick or zimmer frame, and in poor health. For exmple, my Dad is “old” but he’s not “elderly”. Elderly people don’t race in the Isle of Man TT, but a number of old people do :-)

Back on topic, I’d love to get my seaplane rating some day.

Andreas IOM

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Survive another year

Avoid the mistakes of the past

I love this one

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

@Patrick
Our’s are quite similar

Fly more trips => that’s a must do for me
Get the FAA piggy back license => done very easy to get
Night qualification => on my to do for this winter
Fly the Hudson tour, possibly at night => done it over day with an instructor next time I’d like to do it alone
Fly more C182 to become more current => I now moving to a C172 and get experience in that one
Fly to LOWZ to open the skiing season (yes, it’s time to start talking about this again! ) => good idea I will put that one on my list
End of the year, probably in 2017: Flying trip from Florida to the Bahamas => mine is a trip in West of USA

Generally:

Fly more trips, fly longer trips => absolutely agree
Get my a* up and start the E-IR, then CB-IR => would like to start my E-IR after the night qualification
Fly further into Africa (to Morocco and back in May was a good start) => OK, this one and the following are not on my list… will think about it
Tour Scandinavia
Fly to Minsk

One additional and personal one..visit my sister in law in Lyon by plane…
Bad luck you are not living in Brussels, could have done the list together

Last Edited by jfw at 21 Jun 11:31
jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

jfw wrote:

I love this one

Me too. I would add “don’t get hurt” and “don’t hurt anyone else” while flying. Everything else is good as it is.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Looks like everyone is aiming for something bigger or better or farther away, except for Peter M ;)
So I’ll break the mold by aiming to downgrade (if you should call it that) a bit this summer: fly Ultralights!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

jfw wrote:

One additional and personal one..visit my sister in law in Lyon by plane…

That should be easily doable from Brussels! :-) I stopped over for fuel in Lyon-Bron in May. Very nice airfield!

jfw wrote:

Bad luck you are not living in Brussels, could have done the list together

True, but it’s not that far away! We could easily team up, say for the next Euroga fly-in.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Peter wrote:

“Old” has a derogatory meaning in modern English – same as “housewife” and much else. The UK is full of this politically correct crap

It’s the same in French when I think about it: vieux became personne âgée, and in modern French senior.

Here’s my list:
- get type rated on the TBM (doing ground school this week)
- get experience flying in Europe and vicinity (coming year)
- go RTW (next year)
- probably back to aerobatics. a lot to learn there and it’s fun.

I got a ride as passenger on an Atlantic ferry recently and it turned out that it’s no big deal. It made me optimistic regarding the RTW goal. Probably because I was not the pilot flying. Pics

LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

I got a ride as passenger on an Atlantic ferry recently and it turned out that it’s no big deal. It made me optimistic regarding the RTW goal.

BIG difference between flying the N Atlantic in a Brand New $4.5M TBM 930 versus a lowly 30 year old single engine piston …

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
Sign in to add your message