Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Keeping documents accessible online, from anywhere

Anything would be better than nothing. Would you consider sharing? What data did you use? FAA AC36-1H App 7?

LSZK, Switzerland

Have a look at the past threads. There really is good info there. Also check your email – a lot of my email goes into spam

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@chflyer I have made my own. Can send you a template if you msg me. Never had a problem anywhere in Europe.

I use Google drive and only carry copies of VAT and Noise certificates. When asked I email them.

EGTK Oxford

@JasonC
For five or six years now I have a business account with Dropbox, also because I have three offices in two countries, and I have all my work in there, all my passports and travel data, all flight briefings, manuals … about 15 GB of data (of 100) … I have little data on the individual Macs but I have the Db app on my iPhone and both iPads … and it’s the most relaxed way to handle my data. Since i’m in the car or on airports a lot, I can work on everything from everywhere, and I enjoy that a lot. The only thing I do NOT put into the Dropbox have have in encrypted folders on my iPhone/iPad is all my credit card data and my online banking.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 15 Jul 14:04

It says noise certificate if applicable. If I recall correctly, ICAO sets no noise limits for piston aeroplanes (it’s more than two years since I studied this so my phrasing may be slightly inaccurate). Neither does EASA. FAA does in FAR 36 so for example when I was working on a type Certificate for a CS-23 / FAR 23 aircraft we planned a noise test to satisfy the FAA, EASA was not interested. So if a design had only an EASA TC it need not have a noise certificate. Actually the other reason we wanted a noise certificate was for operational use in Germany and Switzerland. I haven’t researched what happens to those local rules under EASA (those items might be either derogated or outside EASA).

Having said all that EASA publishes a large spreadsheet of small aeroplane noise information. Link at th bottom of the page linked here:

https://www.easa.europa.eu/document-library/noise-type-certificates-approved-noise-levels

Last Edited by Joe-fbs at 15 Jul 13:09
strip near EGGW

I use Tresorit and put all my private, business, flying data in there (including banking). It’s a bit more expensive but at least more secure than other cloud storage providers. I know people who encrypt the stuff before sending it into a ‘less secure cloud storage’ (with dropbox, google drive, one drive, etc), but it can be a hassle if you want to access the data on any mobile devices. For passwords and creditcard stuff I use a password manager. Photo’s I store in a less secure (cheaper) cloud service which makes sharing a bit easier with friends and family.

Tresorit is client side encrypted, so even if “the world” has my data, its just a bunch of 0110010111 which contains no useful information to them.

I believe its way easier for a hacker (or someone who really wants your data for whatever reason) to physically steal your laptop and access your data.

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar

Peter wrote:

is that if you end up somewhere where they do want paper docs

That is assuming that they do know what they want to see, there were 2 total plonkers (Dounnes) at Calais LFAC earlier this week who did not have a clue about anything.
They spent 15 minutes staring at a computer screen trying to check the passports and then asked for the aircraft documents, after studying these for a further 15 mins they concluded that it was totally impossible for a person from the UK to own a N reg aircraft as UK citizens only fly G reg aircraft, and why were we trying to take this aircraft when its owned by an American ?

Try talking your way out of that one!

@Joe-fbs wrote:

If I recall correctly, ICAO sets no noise limits for piston aeroplanes

It does, see chapters 3, 5, 6 and 10 of Annex 16, depending on the year of first certification and MTOW.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 15 Jul 18:27
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message