Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Theoretically those are nice features, but i wonder if it’s worth any new subscription, hardware, installation …

On my last eight IFR flights since July i flew less than 20 percent of the original waypoints i got from autorouter. I don’t even bother to put them all in anymore, especially on the flights for which i know i will get shortcuts. I type in the first three and the destination and then i add the ones i need in flight.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 15 Aug 20:54

NCYankee wrote:

ForeFlight has the same capability.

Not in Europe.

EGTK Oxford

Flyer59 wrote:

On my last eight IFR flights since July i flew less than 20 percent of the original waypoints i got from autorouter. I don’t even bother to put them all in anymore, especially on the flights for which i know i will get shortcuts. I type in the first three and the destination and then i add the ones i need in flight.

It depends. I usually fly most of my routes but get a long direct. And regardless, I always enter the full route before taxi. That way when I get a direct to something 250nm on, I already have it in there. Once airways entry is available I don’t see any reason not to put it in.

Last Edited by JasonC at 15 Aug 21:08
EGTK Oxford

Yes, of course, and when it’s a route i don’t know well, i type in all points too. But with the 430/W it takes some time …

I’m sorry, but ForeFlight is already very useful in Europe. It’s clear and uncluttered display of flight conditions worldwide (using it’s World Map facility) along with one touch display of Tafs and metars far exceeds the performance of home grown products. Not to mention it’s rock solid stability, compared with the deep flakiness of some other systems. For an instant weather overview over long distance flights, FF can’t be beaten. Just try spinning the globe between your fingers to see what I mean!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Well yes some aspects of FF still work and are of use here but my comments refer to an all in one solution as requested by the original poster. You would not subscribe to FF as a purely European flyer just for the weather.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

NCYankee wrote:
ForeFlight has the same capability.
Not in Europe.

JasonC, I was responding to this:

Jacko wrote:

You can paste most routes generated by Autorouter directly into GP. So it is actually:

autrouter FPL→ GP→GNS530W/GTN – done!!!

Version 8, not yet available but planned for this month, has the ability to recognize the world wide routes, airports, facilities, and waypoints. ForeFlight already allows one to cut and paste a route into ForeFlight and send it to the Map or use it for filing a flightplan. ForeFlight already has the ability to send a flightplan to a GNS/GTN system thru the FS210.

Version 8 does not support the display of European approach charts other than by importing a PDF.

Last Edited by NCYankee at 16 Aug 15:12
KUZA, United States

Jeppesen announces agreement with ForeFlight to provide data and charts to ForeFlight customers

Jeppesen – ForeFlight Joint announcement

KUZA, United States

Full disclosure, I am a consultant to ForeFlight, but my posts are my own.

KUZA, United States

Great news, I´m looking forward to this! Foreflight is my app of choice in the US, it would be great to be able to use it with all its functionality in Europe too.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany
Sign in to add your message