Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Yes; that is excellent. I fly with the UK CAA 1:500k chart running as a moving map, too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I got this in an email of the February 2019 newsletter from Avioportalano translated to English and then in original Italian language form below…

The American company Foreflight has decided to expand its influence in Europe and has concluded a collaboration agreement with us for the use of our data and the implementation in their program of all Italian runways including ULM airfields. The Foreflight navigation program is the most popular in the United States and from March of this year you will be able to download our aeronautical charts and over 1500 Avioportolano documents: aeronautical maps, approach and landing charts, and runway images.

L’azienda americana FOREFLIGHT ha deciso di espandere la sua influenza in Europa e ha concluso un accordo di collaborazione con noi per l’utilizzo dei nostri dati e l’implementazione nel loro programma di tutte le piste di volo italiane ivi compresi i campi volo ULM. Il programma di navigazione Foreflight è il più diffuso negli Stati Uniti e da marzo di quest’anno potrai scaricare le nostre carte e oltre 1500 documenti Avioportolano: carte aeronautiche, carte di avvicinamento, mappe aeroportuali e immagini delle piste di volo.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 28 Feb 00:39

Hi @Silvaire,

Coverage is not available yet, but we will be working on Italian coverage soon.

Stay tuned,

Josh

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

Small bug in TAF decoding – example below on pic: TAF says 17kts but decoded message says only 7.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Or I’m wrong – it’s related to actual time not to decoding complete TAF – a bit confusing.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The TAF was created 2:18 in the past. The current report (1300Z) shows only 10 kt from 050° (BECMG 27*13*/2715 05007KT). The RAW format shows the complete TAF report, the decoded version shows only current and future.

EDON, Germany

Jeppesen question: if i link FF to Jep subscription on my ipad as well as iphone, will it use 1 or 2 Jeppesen “seats”?
iPhone is only my backup in case of ipad failure: same apple account and same FF account.

Switzerland

Hi @HBadger,

If the Jeppesen subscription is purchased via ForeFlight it works on all devices connected to your account (2x iPads and an iPhone). If your subscription is direct with Jeppesen, it will use a seat per device.

Josh

KGTU, United States

Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight wrote:

Jeppesen’s IFR and VFR aeronautical data is also included for all three countries.

Josh,

I’m using ForeFlight with Canada region and Jepp All Europe IFR & VFR coverages (i.e. via FF subscription).

What does this quote mean? The UK, Ireland, and Norway (and all the other countries that have been in the past year) have been in the Jeppesen IFR/VFR coverage since it was first available with ForeFlight. Or do you mean by “aeronautical data” some specific subset that is available in the “Europe” region coverage without needing to order any Jeppesen coverage?

What would I get if I changed Canada to Europe region that I don’t already have with the Jeppesen coverage? I would sort of expect the following:
- national AIPs as found in the Eurocontrol DB
- optional VFR add-ons for Europe
Anything else? None of the VFR add-ons are currently order-able for my current subscription.

LSZK, Switzerland

Hi @chflyer,

Happy to clarify. The reference to the aeronautical data means the digital data used for the Aeronautical layer, flight planning, and also data used in views like the Airport Details. The procedure charts and airport diagrams from Jeppesen are still an add-on purchase.

As far as what you have access to if you were to switch:
- You are correct on AIPs and add-on data. These become available for all countries we currently support in Europe
- You also get the Jeppesen VFR aeronautical data added to the aeronautical layer. This supports items like traffic patterns, visual reporting points, no overfly areas, airport VFR entry and exit procedures, and more.

For more info check out both www.foreflight.com/europe and https://foreflight.com/europe/data/

If you have any questions about switching, our Pilot Support Team is available via [email protected]

Josh

KGTU, United States
Sign in to add your message