Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

One of the biggest disadvantages of Foreflight is limited support hours and no telephone support for emergencies.

I have a FF Jepp All Europe IFR & VFR subscription. Last flight using IFR terminals charts was Wed Jul 31… all ok.

I plan an IFR flight tomorrow, and discover now that since last weeks data update, all IFR terminal charts have disappeared (but not VFR charts). My subscription is valid unl next year, so it‘s not a subscription issue. No way to reach FF by phone and help desk hours (for email only), is 5am-8pm US Central time!

Perhaps this „glitch“ is the first „advantage“ of integrating Jepp with FF!

Last Edited by chflyer at 05 Aug 11:32
LSZK, Switzerland

@chflyer While we have no phone support number, we do have staff working during European hours as well. I’ll make sure the site is updated with the correct, but wanted to let you know that we do have a team in Europe who can help as well. Did someone get back with you this morning?

Josh

FF Director of Product - International
KGTU, United States

Josh, I received a reply from Josh (was it you?) who proposed to delete and reload my Jepp terminal charts „because I changed my Jepp sub“ (which I did not). Anyway, I tried that and replied that it just reloaded the VFR charts, but not the Jepp IFR charts. So I‘m stuck making the flight tomorrow with only the Eurocontrol charts that I‘ve never used before :-(

LSZK, Switzerland

Adding the Europe region has had the negative side effect of changing my ALL EUROPE IFR&VFR sub terminal download to a simple VFR download, even tho my account clearly still shows the Jepp IFR/VFR subscription.

LSZK, Switzerland

Same to me, all Jeppesen IR Charts are gone. Deleting and reloading doesn’t help.

EDDS , Germany

Hi @Chflyer and @EddsPeter,

We are currently working with Jeppesen to resolve the issue as we speak.

Appreciate the report and we should get it resolved soon,

Josh

KGTU, United States

Update @chflyer and @eddspeter:

The issue has been resolved by Jeppesen and we have verified that you should receive the coverage you purchased. If you have any trouble, please let us know.

Josh

KGTU, United States

I see that a new Terminal charts download is available, but it doesn‘t complete. The download bar runs to the end and the „Installing Data …“ message appears briefly then disappears and the download starts all over. This sequence has repeated at least 20 times.

LSZK, Switzerland

Hi @chflyer. Something to try with download issues is logging out of ForeFlight by going to More > Account and logging back in. Sounds like it stuck in a loop.

Josh

KGTU, United States

Hi @Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight,

I tried logout/login (twice). Enroute charts VFR, IFR Hi/Lo for current & next cycles were presented again and downloaded fine. But attempts to download Terminal charts now immediately gives „Enountered error. Please try again“

Vince

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message